Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban Of Power Boating @ Sungei Mandai Kechil

Hi guys,

Here is another ban for another pond. But there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Cant wait for Lower Seletar to be ready.

Dear Adrian

I refer to your e-mail on the use of remote control electric boat at Sungei Mandai Kechil Pond.

2 As the Sungei Mandai Kechil Pond is located within the Woodlands Town Garden, we have not allowed for the use of remote control electric boats so as to preserve the tranquility of the town garden.

3. However, I am pleased to inform you that we would be allowing remote control electric boat activity at Lower Seletar Reservoir. A launching platform would be constructed for this activity soon. In the meanwhile, we like to encourage remote electric boat enthusiasts to use the Punggol Pond for their activities. More info can be found in this website : http://www.hougangpeople.org.sg/body_our_hobbies.htm

Thank you.

Regards
    Goh Hwee Chuan
    Senior Manager
    (Catchment & Waterways)

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
    Hi guys,

3. However, I am pleased to inform you that we would be allowing remote control electric boat activity at Lower Seletar Reservoir. A launching platform would be constructed for this activity soon. In the meanwhile, we like to encourage remote electric boat enthusiasts to use the Punggol Pond for their activities. More info can be found in this website : http://www.hougangpeople.org.sg/body_our_hobbies.htm
    Mean power boat allowed at PP ? see you there tmr 2 pm?

Comment

Hi guys,

Here is another ban for another pond. But there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Cant wait for Lower Seletar to be ready.

Dear Adrian

I refer to your e-mail on the use of remote control electric boat at Sungei Mandai Kechil Pond.

2 As the Sungei Mandai Kechil Pond is located within the Woodlands Town Garden, we have not allowed for the use of remote control electric boats so as to preserve the tranquility of the town garden.

Thank you.

Regards
      Goh Hwee Chuan
      Senior Manager
      (Catchment & Waterways)
      Hi Guys,

I think there are many confusions here..

1) Electric Boat allowed to run at P.P. ?

2) I understand that P.P. is under the jurisdiction of NPark and not Water Ways and Catchment Dept. therefore can this deptment approve the use of P.P. for boating ?

3) The signboard at P.P. clearly stated " NO POWER BOATS ALLOWED" SO CAN ANYONE CONFIRM..YES EP BOATS ARE ALLOWED AT P.P.

4) I believed that the P.CC website may not be updated for quite a while...please confirm..! AS the ban was only effective 2 weeks ago....

Please advise...I'm really confused.. however I already beginning to like the new boating area at Sengkang...is a v. good spot without much public interference.

Robin Low

Comment

Ye, we love boating so much. Wonder how much emphasis we are expecting from the authority? Are we getting the right directive? We are such a small group out of the abundance of RC lovers.

Comment

Guys,
          The ban was because of the noise polution that the nitro/gas boats produce. We all know that electric boats have much lower decible levels however there are many people who may not be aware of this fact. At the moment only non-motorised boats are allowed at Ponggol Park. I suggest that until confirmation is given by NParks specifically to allow electric boats at Ponggol Park, you refrain from running the boats there of risk the chance of getting into trouble with the authorities.
          Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

right on dude, well said
            ONLY SAILORS GET BLOWN OFFSHORE

YOU TALK THE TALK, BUT DO YOU WALK THE WALK?

Comment

I dont think PUB and Nparks talk to each other. I have already informed PUB of the ban at Punggol Pond.

SengKang pond is too small, go to Bishan, over there is bigger than SengKang and with shade also.

Comment

I dont think PUB and Nparks talk to each other. I have already informed PUB of the ban at Punggol Pond.

SengKang pond is too small, go to Bishan, over there is bigger than SengKang and with shade also.

Adrian, guess br is the only ground for you to test and tune your 53".
                This season in the morning is the best. Mirror calm water.

Comment

ban on power boating

hi power boaters,

i stay near bishan park , where the ponds are , pls let me know when are the days and time ,u guys play there.

Comment

where abouts is the bishan site?
                    At the pond in bishan park 1?

Comment

Look here for Bishan Pond.

U can only play EP boats there. Happy boating.

Comment

There is some light at the end of the tunnel, after more email correspondence. I hope the light can be brighter thou.

Subject: Re: Fw: REPLY:playing remote control electric boat at Sungei Mandai (D414C8F38C/D43211BC4C)
                        To: adrian_lee
                        Date: Friday, 29 May, 2009, 11:49 AM

Dear Adrian

Let me discuss again with the relevant agencies and revert on your
                        suggestion.

Regards
                        goh hwee chuan
                        senior manager
                        catchment & waterways

"Adrian Lee"
                        To
                        Hwee Chuan GOH/PUB/SINGOV@SINGOV
                        28 May, 2009 cc
                        11:03 PM
                        Subject
                        Re: Fw: REPLY:playing remote
                        control electric boat at Sungei
                        Mandai (D414C8F38C/D43211BC4C)

Dear Mr Goh,

Any interim arrangement for remote control electric boat activity in
                        Sembawang GRC???

Please have a look at Sungei Mandai Kechil again, the pond there is so big
                        yet I am not able to play my remote control electric boat there. I do not
                        feel that I have disturbed the tranquility of the park at all as I have
                        strangers coming up to me to chat while I was there for ONE year. I could
                        move to the extreme end of the pond next to the canal where there is no
                        park
                        facilities there.

If you have ever been there on a weekend, you will hear the noise created
                        from the Woodlands Checkpoint instead!!!!

Regards,

Adrian

Comment

There is some light at the end of the tunnel, after more email correspondence. I hope the light can be brighter thou.

Subject: Re: Fw: REPLY:playing remote control electric boat at Sungei Mandai (D414C8F38C/D43211BC4C)
                          To: adrian_lee
                          Date: Friday, 29 May, 2009, 11:49 AM

Dear Adrian

Let me discuss again with the relevant agencies and revert on your
                          suggestion.

Regards
                          goh hwee chuan
                          senior manager
                          catchment & waterways

"Adrian Lee"
                          To
                          Hwee Chuan GOH/PUB/SINGOV@SINGOV
                          28 May, 2009 cc
                          11:03 PM
                          Subject
                          Re: Fw: REPLY:playing remote
                          control electric boat at Sungei
                          Mandai (D414C8F38C/D43211BC4C)

Dear Mr Goh,

Any interim arrangement for remote control electric boat activity in
                          Sembawang GRC???

Please have a look at Sungei Mandai Kechil again, the pond there is so big
                          yet I am not able to play my remote control electric boat there. I do not
                          feel that I have disturbed the tranquility of the park at all as I have
                          strangers coming up to me to chat while I was there for ONE year. I could
                          move to the extreme end of the pond next to the canal where there is no
                          park
                          facilities there.

If you have ever been there on a weekend, you will hear the noise created
                          from the Woodlands Checkpoint instead!!!!

Regards,

Adrian

Three Cheers for you !!!

Comment

Thanks A million

Hi Bro,

It was a pleasure to get to know you and thanks for your help today ith the recovery and your boats are awesome dude would love to see you again next week.

Comment

At last a long awaited reply from PUB. They wana meet me and my boat at the pond to discuss.

Will keep this thread updated.

Gotta burn another half day leave for boating.

Comment

Working...
                              X