Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling coil for motor

Hi like to find out how did you guys make those cooling coil for the motor ? Hmmm not miss taken just like copper tube wrap around the motor right or something else....

At the same time how and where to mount the water input tube for the cooling coil. Your advise is much appreciated.... I am a dummy in boat building

last time my boat came with it.. so maybe can buy off the shelf
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Hi Loyn,

Check out this thread some pics of cooling coil

Water pickup.
      Best place for water pickup is just after the prop. Some rudders comes with water pickup.

Comment

Thks X34 for the link....hehehe sorry did not do a search first

So the first looks like a water jacket and the other is a coil type....hmmm dont think I will able to homemade the jacket but the coil may be using Alu tube to wrap around the motor should work I think...

Will try it out once again thanks

Comment

Loyn,

Al tubes will be easiest. Try to install the brush cooling if u are running a brush motor. BTW, what boat is this.

Comment

Hmmm what is brush cooling? is it the tubing that connected across the wire terminal ? Will it short them.....

Ya using brushed motor those found in stand 1/10 RC car... boat ....dont know what boat is that.....really old and wash out....almost like a toy but with better ABS material rather than hard plastic.... just want to restore it for fun lor .... As the owner told me the motor get real hot after a short run.....so thinking of putting in cooling coil for it.....but again dont know how to do it ....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
              Hi like to find out how did you guys make those cooling coil for the motor ? Hmmm not miss taken just like copper tube wrap around the motor right or something else....

At the same time how and where to mount the water input tube for the cooling coil. Your advise is much appreciated.... I am a dummy in boat building
              You might want to check out this site. A wealth of info there!

Boat Tips & Tricks

I used copper tube bought from a hardware shop in Ubi. I find copper more malleable and so far it performs better than I expected.
              For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Working...
              X