Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need4speed-----BOAT

Had transformed a second-hand kyosho vee 800 speedboat bought from Darknight64.Not sure how fast she can go.Rx has be replaced to match my Futaba radio use for heli and sail boat.May need to change to BL motor .Any recommendation for Mod?.

No size or weight specs???

From the looks, it looks heavy. Therefore I would recommend Feigao 540XL motor. The number of turn will depend on wat batt size u running.

How fast u want it to go???

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
      No size or weight specs???

From the looks, it looks heavy. Therefore I would recommend Feigao 540XL motor. The number of turn will depend on wat batt size u running.

How fast u want it to go???
      Thanks Adrianli,noted yr recommendation,my battery is 1800ma@7.2v only bought new 2pcs @$25 ea. The boat gross wts :1.620 kg ...I wan to go fast enough for my son to say wah.!!!..so fast hor!....but not as fast as any of yr slowest boat u hv...Yr Catamaran now under construction. may be the marine police one day may borrow fr u n insatall a remote control machine gun to attack enemy from a distance or if attack another Captain Hook if appear. anyway I m trying out my boat 2day.

Comment

Keep us posted on how it went today......all the best

Comment

I wanted to go down today but it was raining so never went. Was intending to bring my smaller 26" mono boat to run wif u.

Comment

Need4speed-----BOAT

Originally posted by orb_dharma View Post
            Keep us posted on how it went today......all the best
            Hi Bro,
            Here is the video clips .My son is in control of the boat. If time permits me I ‘ll change to BL motor / esc n must be reversible. Battery need to be replaced too. my 1800ma only last about 10 mins…If I m not wrong from the clip most will rate it as a slow speedboat. wat’s do u guys says….

Comment

Definately slow, my rescue boat is faster than that and its also using brush motor.

Speed boat dont use reverse one leh. Too much reverse and the prop will drop out!!!

Comment

Well it's a start......the key is to get the boat plaining, probably easier achieved with a brushless combo meal & good battery configuration.....then the "wow' factor kicks in...we eagerly await the transformation.

Comment

The main thing is the boat is heavy and needs a bigger power system. Overall, may not worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                    The main thing is the boat is heavy and needs a bigger power system. Overall, may not worth the effort.
                    Yeah, sadly will have to agree. I had a similar motor / Kyosho F1 tunnel hall type and its slow. There is too much drag in the flex shaft / teflon tubing area. Stock propeller is horrible too, the plastic is too soft, a quick fix is to get from JetHobby's plastic 42mm prop as used on their boat (Volvo, Dolphin, yamaha)

If all thing fail, you can sell me the boat

Comment

Working...
                    X