Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/12 Bud make over

Hi all.
    I m new to rc boating n to dis forum. I m quite happy dat finally found a site n KAKIS here in SG. I got a 1/12 Ms Bud wit Straight Shaft 3 mnths ago for my 6 yrs old son. Have not been ablt to run it due to alot of intial problems. But now I m doing a make over. To make a long story short, I've burnt d stock engine and found out dat d fuel line was wrongly setup from factory. After which I got a new .18 Vertex Marine Engine n still had problems with runnig it. So I decided to do wat i've done in d photos. Now i m in the process of shortening d cowl to half d size n building a new Radio Box. I've also cut off d Spoiler Wings. I've made a new engine mount from 2.5mm aluminium. I m not sure how it'll turn out, but my wife has said dat she'll use d boat as a Flower Pot if i mess up. I m tinking of changing it to .21 / .25 Vertex Marine Engine wit Flex Shaft. any suggestion?

tks

Originally posted by 3ns View Post
    Hi all.
    I m new to rc boating n to dis forum. I m quite happy dat finally found a site n KAKIS here in SG. I got a 1/12 Ms Bud wit Straight Shaft 3 mnths ago for my 6 yrs old son. Have not been ablt to run it due to alot of intial problems. But now I m doing a make over. To make a long story short, I've burnt d stock engine and found out dat d fuel line was wrongly setup from factory. After which I got a new .18 Vertex Marine Engine n still had problems with runnig it. So I decided to do wat i've done in d photos. Now i m in the process of shortening d cowl to half d size n building a new Radio Box. I've also cut off d Spoiler Wings. I've made a new engine mount from 2.5mm aluminium. I m not sure how it'll turn out, but my wife has said dat she'll use d boat as a Flower Pot if i mess up. I m tinking of changing it to .21 / .25 Vertex Marine Engine wit Flex Shaft. any suggestion?

tks
    btw im sorry to hijzck ur post, just wanna know where you play your nitro boat.. thx
    Mini titan:
    -Z10A motor 3300kv
    -13T pinion
    -and cheap cf blades

Comment

Hi GT.
      I m in woodlands, so i tried testing d boat in d park here. So far no1 has chased me away, but have heard that they might I will try d PP once my boat is ready.Anyway it's no fun boating alone. Whould like to see my son have some fun wit others.

tks

Comment

Advance Welcome to PP to join in our fun.
        Just a reminder for a frequency check prior turning on your TX.
        Noobie in R/C Stuff

Life is a gift. never regret a day in your life.
        Good day gives you happiness,
        Bad days gives you experience,
        Both are essential.

Comment

Hi guys.

Anyone know where to buy Boat hardwares?
          I m looking for d following item to be used on my Hydros.

I m tinking of running a vertex .18 marine engine in my Budwieser n
          a .25 vertex marine engine in my new QQ hydro.

1. 4mm Flex cables
          2. Collet for the above
          3. Adjustable Strut assembly with bushing

TKs.
          3ns

Comment

Look at ebay or JetHobby.

Comment

Hi guys.

Need some help in understanding the Flex cable setup.

I saw an adjustable strut in on of the lhs. It looks like the
              length of the strut is about 30mm. And the strut has flat
              ends on both sides.

I compared it to a .150 MV Flex cable n SV27 Bushing. It looks like
              the prop shaft n bushing would be longer dan the Strut itself.
              Should i get this strut?

Is this right?

1. 3/16 tube runs from Engine, exits at bottom of hull.
              2. 7/32 tube is attached to 3/16 at mid way (bottom of hull)
              4. 1/4 tube is attached to 7/32 and ends at INSIDE the strut.

Btw, wat is d use for d bushing?

Your valuble advise is much appreciated.

tks

3ns.

Comment

bro, the use of the bushing is that it acts like a bearing where your shaft would seat in to and provide lesser friction between the strut and the shaft. .

Comment

Hi Bro.

Tks alot. I m now working on the setup.Hope to get it done
                  by end of dis wk. So dat can try out on Sunday.

tks.

3ns

Comment

Hi guys.

Here is a update of my projects.

1. Budwieser

Have palced n secured a 2mm wood inside d transom.
                    Dis is to strengthen the back as d boat did not come wit
                    one.

Made a new woodden Radiobox. But still not sure if I'll use it.
                    Still trying to find someting else to replace it. The weight of
                    the box is about d same as d stock one. Need to sort dis out b4
                    I seal it up. So for now dis project is on hold till I find someting.

2. New Hydro

Bought dis from a nice gentalman in dis forum. It had some damage
                    to one of d spoonsons n epoxied by him. But d surface was not even,
                    so decided to strip it down n paint it.

So far have primed it. Will be giving it it's 1st coat 2day. Dis boat
                    was converted to electric by d previous owner, now I m trying to
                    get it to run as Nitro. Now, dis is ware I m lost. Not sure wat would
                    be a gd size Engine for dis boat. It weighs about 1.3Kg witout any
                    Hardwares.

Still trying to learn how much weight can a particular size engine
                    push. I m not trying to break any records, but would like to see d
                    Rooster Tail.

So, if anyone has an idea pls do let me know. I like to have ideas. I
                    feel dat is wat dis hobby is about.

Comment

More Pics.

Comment

Hi,

If u need a radio box, let me know. I have two spare ones that came with my Cat and Mono hull which I do not use. For u, its FOC, choose either one. On self collect basis only.

Let me know when u wana maiden ur boat. I cant help wif nitro engine, just wana have a look only.

Comment

Hi Adrain.

Tks alot.

Will take d box. Just need to check on my size.

Will surely let u know wen she is going to hit d water.
                          I m still tinking of a colour scheme for her. Will be giving
                          d 1st coat White 2night. Whiite is to make it easier to
                          play wit colours.

Tks again bro.

3ns

Comment

Hi,

Here is a pic of my servo boxes. One is square and the other is rectangle. The Rectangle one comes with a cover. The ruler is there for ur estimation.

Choose one and let me know when u coming over to collect.

Comment

Hi bro.

Tks alot, will take d square one. How about 2night?
                              Time to your convenience.
                              I'll be back around 7pm.

tks

3ns

Comment

Working...
                              X