Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to start boating advise needed

Hi, due to my travel distance for my touring car at Margaret drive. I decided to give boating a shot as i stay at hougang very near to ponggol pond. Can walk.

I am going to Jet hobby on mon, but just a couple of questions.

1. Can I use my existing spectrum esc?
    2. Can I use my existing max amps 6000 2s lipos?
    3. Can I use my futaba 9550 high speed servos?
    4. I like a BL system for the boat can i use my GTB or Speed passion esc?
    5. I like to get a fast boat but not to spend too much coz i may not like it but would like to hv a option to upgrade it.
    6. Theres different kinds of boat which is easier to drive?

so far these are the questions i hv, hope the experts can help. Thxs!
    Mugen Mrx2, HW 4274, HW Xerun150esc 6s
    SCRT, HW Sct motor, HW Xerun120esc 2s
    Team Driver for HobbyWing, Acorn racing & ManiacRC

What esc is that?

Yes, with the brushed stock power plants in common boats at jethobby

Yes

No

5. I like to get a fast boat but not to spend too much coz i may not like it but would like to hv a option to upgrade it.
    Speed = $$$

Personal preference

Comment

Originally posted by ammo View Post
      What esc is that?

Yes, with the brushed stock power plants in common boats at jethobby

Yes

No

Speed = $$$

Personal preference
      1. Can I use my existing spectrum esc

Sorry I meant use my existing spectrum receiver.

Personal preference?

Differences between volvo & budweiser type?

Comment

Use only Spektrum surface receivers. I am on Spektrum 3.0. Remember to have at least 4" of the antenna extended beyond the hull. If not, its the last u will see of the boat.

Comment

To have a fast boat(at least 30mph), you will need a bigger hull. Ard 29"-33" should do well in the punggol pond.

The rtr ep boats are great for beginners, but if you want a fast boat, there is no rtr ep ones ard yet. You got to build it from an empty hull up.

The rtr ep bl boats at JH are good in calm water. When it comes to rough water or race condition wif a few boats ard, u can see how unstable it will be.

For bigger boats, u will need lower kv motors for their torque to push the hull. 26"-33" hull, motor kv of 1500-2600, motor size of 36mm dia x 70mm length. Batts of 4S-6S lipo 4000mah at least 20C. You will be looking at ESC from 70A to 200A depending of hull n setup.

42"-50+" hull, motor kv of 800-900, motor size of 40mm dia upwards. Batts of 8S-12S lipo 5000mah at least 25C. You will be looking at HV ESC from 100 to 240A.

If u have not operate a 30mph boat b4, get a JH rtr ep to try 1st. If u like, proceed further. If not just sell it away. Fast boats can be dangerous. Fast + uncontrollable boat is extremely unsafe and extremely dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
            To have a fast boat(at least 30mph), you will need a bigger hull. Ard 29"-33" should do well in the punggol pond.

The rtr ep boats are great for beginners, but if you want a fast boat, there is no rtr ep ones ard yet. You got to build it from an empty hull up.

The rtr ep bl boats at JH are good in calm water. When it comes to rough water or race condition wif a few boats ard, u can see how unstable it will be.

For bigger boats, u will need lower kv motors for their torque to push the hull. 26"-33" hull, motor kv of 1500-2600, motor size of 36mm dia x 70mm length. Batts of 4S-6S lipo 4000mah at least 20C. You will be looking at ESC from 70A to 200A depending of hull n setup.

42"-50+" hull, motor kv of 800-900, motor size of 40mm dia upwards. Batts of 8S-12S lipo 5000mah at least 25C. You will be looking at HV ESC from 100 to 240A.

If u have not operate a 30mph boat b4, get a JH rtr ep to try 1st. If u like, proceed further. If not just sell it away. Fast boats can be dangerous. Fast + uncontrollable boat is extremely unsafe and extremely dangerous.

I saw the mini y rtr its quite fast n nice. Wat u think? i need a tug too?

Comment

I had a mini Y b4, in fact one of the first to own it. The max speed on stock setup is 20-30mph only. It performs well in calm waters. In rough water, it will flip easily. Then either u send out a rescue boat to retrieve it or wait till it floats back to shore.

As I said, its a good rtr boat for beginners. U want really fast ones, got to self-build or buy from a previous owner setup.

Comment

I had a mini Y b4, in fact one of the first to own it. The max speed on stock setup is 20-30mph only. It performs well in calm waters. In rough water, it will flip easily. Then either u send out a rescue boat to retrieve it or wait till it floats back to shore.

As I said, its a good rtr boat for beginners. U want really fast ones, got to self-build or buy from a previous owner setup.
                went to JH today he recommended me the P1 Arpro 700EP wat u guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by superek4 View Post
                  went to JH today he recommended me the P1 Arpro 700EP wat u guys think?
                  Listen to Adrain, he damn pro one, all his stuff big big one hehehe........even the neh neh also big

Comment

I have seen tis boat at Punggol pond b4. Frankly, as I had said, such boats are suitable for beginners. I estimate stock form is good for up to 30mph only. Any faster, the boat will be unstable.

For fast ep boat for sport running, aim for 30,000rpm prop speed. To calculate, here is an example:

Motor KV is 2000
                    Lipo voltage is 4S, 14.8V

RPM on direct drive - 2000 x 14.8 = 29,600rpm

I hope u understand.

Comment

I have seen tis boat at Punggol pond b4. Frankly, as I had said, such boats are suitable for beginners. I estimate stock form is good for up to 30mph only. Any faster, the boat will be unstable.

For fast ep boat for sport running, aim for 30,000rpm prop speed. To calculate, here is an example:

Motor KV is 2000
                      Lipo voltage is 4S, 14.8V

RPM on direct drive - 2000 x 14.8 = 29,600rpm

I hope u understand.
                      wat boat do u suggest?

Comment

How fast u wana go?

Comment

well i must say toy is toy. like driving a F1 and rc f1 . toy there limit in speed and performance.real thing can go more then limit so hope u dont mind comment. enjoy your boating
                          mike

Comment

Just FYI if you looking for a 50mph ep boat.

50mph translate to 80+km/h.

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
                              well i must say toy is toy. like driving a F1 and rc f1 . toy there limit in speed and performance.real thing can go more then limit so hope u dont mind comment. enjoy your boating

Thats true, too much to pay for 80km per hr. My rc car can do it already. I just play play my ARPRO first hee.

Comment

Working...
                              X