Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Gas/nitro Speed Challenge

Been away from the boating scene for a while due to a few demanding projects - renovating and moving to new house, startup a eBay Store, modding the CY 26cc to produce 7-8 HP.

Okay now lets play

TOP PRIZE - SPEED RECORD HOLDER of GAS / NITRO BOAT in 2008
    A Brand NEW 2008 CY26cc - Mod to 7-8 HP

This Brand NEW 2008 CY26cc - will be given to the SPEED RECORD HOLDER IN SINGAPORE on 31st December 2008.

Terms and Conditions will be as per Fastest In Ponggol

Only exceptions -

Applicable only to GAS n Nitro Boats ( sorry - Adrian)

Record can be set anywhere in Singapore ( we have a new pond in Kranji - now)

Must be recorded on GPS and pics posted on DH

It is a Challenge - Not a Prize Giving Ceremony - as I will be there in PP trying to keep this engine. ( Trying to motivate myself )
    I have a few tricks up my sleeves, those who had visited MyWorld in eBay will have a glimpse of what's in store.

So fellow Boaters - Are you up to the Challenge ?

Is this a preparation to gather a Team to represent Singapore in International Meets ?? Why Not !!

Bros - start your ENGINES and BORROW, BUILT or BUY your Riggers
    Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
    now burning NITRO !!!

Unlimited class? how about Quads?

Comment

Originally posted by RCGasBoat
      Unlimited class? how about Quads?
      UNLIMITED - Quad, Twin, Vee Six, Vee Eight - all ACCEPTED and WELCOME

- as long as Radio Control ( or Diamond try to sneak and use his powerboat in PP )

From what you can see in YouTube, the winner will not be an Expensive Multi Engines Giant, but a small humble depron rigger, big enough to carry a Garmin GPS, single high revving nitro engine. Your old RC CAR engine will do too, you do not need water cool engine, as you are running a short burst straight line.

Get organised, plan, built or buy, and meet the 2008 SPEED CHALLENGE !!!

Winner gets Bragging Right plus a NEW Engine

Originally posted by Palladine

now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Anyone ?? Up to the Challenge ??

Look like the pond is too small in Singapore.

now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Revival ??

Received a call last nite, someone is claiming the 2008 Challenge

but there are no posting...... no pictures......now is 17 Dec.... less than 2 weeks till the end of the year

- okay - To be fair to all (and me) I guess we have to extend the Gas/Nitro Speed Challenge till 30 June 2009 to determine the GAS/NITRO Speed RECORD Holder in Singapore ( sorry eddy - only in Singapore, Malaysia don't count)

Well that allows me to take off the covers and dust my engines and riggers

time to head for the pond soon

Post your pics and results... and I will post my secret weapons.
          now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

is there a distance or starting pt ending pt to meet this speed record ?
            JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Too much rules takes the fun out of everything.

We are not doing for World Speed Record (yet )

KISS - Set you garmin out at zero and come back with the highest number thats all.

photos or video welcome !!
              now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

thread closed

no challengers in this pond

go to www.malaysia-rc.com that is where the waves are coming

now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Palladine View Post
                  no challengers in this pond

go to www.malaysia-rc.com that is where the waves are coming

Nice forum there. Have registered myself there.

Comment

Originally posted by Palladine View Post
                    Been away from the boating scene for a while due to a few demanding projects - renovating and moving to new house, startup a eBay Store, modding the CY 26cc to produce 7-8 HP.

Okay now lets play

This Brand NEW 2008 CY26cc - will be given to the SPEED RECORD HOLDER IN SINGAPORE on 31st December 2008.

Terms and Conditions will be as per Fastest In Ponggol

Only exceptions -

Applicable only to GAS n Nitro Boats ( sorry - Adrian)

Record can be set anywhere in Singapore ( we have a new pond in Kranji - now)

Must be recorded on GPS and pics posted on DH

It is a Challenge - Not a Prize Giving Ceremony - as I will be there in PP trying to keep this engine. ( Trying to motivate myself )
                    I have a few tricks up my sleeves, those who had visited MyWorld in eBay will have a glimpse of what's in store.

So fellow Boaters - Are you up to the Challenge ?

Is this a preparation to gather a Team to represent Singapore in International Meets ?? Why Not !!

Bros - start your ENGINES and BORROW, BUILT or BUY your Riggers

So Bro, does it mean as long as it's recorded on GPS and posted here will do? No minimum speed to qualify right? If I recorded only 50km/h and nobody post anything higher, means I win? Must have on site witness or not? Looks like this is the only race challenge in Singapore since no one can OrKuiNize any race locally. Great idea and effort to promote rc power boating Every weekend just play ourselves and no race events. Fast boat also nothing to look forward to racing. Seems those sail boaters are having more fun and actions then power boaters here.

Comment

Don't try to ride a dead horse

Originally posted by abyss View Post
                      So Bro, does it mean as long as it's recorded on GPS and posted here will do? No minimum speed to qualify right? If I recorded only 50km/h and nobody post anything higher, means I win? Must have on site witness or not? Looks like this is the only race challenge in Singapore since no one can OrKuiNize any race locally. Great idea and effort to promote rc power boating Every weekend just play ourselves and no race events. Fast boat also nothing to look forward to racing. Seems those sail boaters are having more fun and actions then power boaters here.

Yo Bro, you are months too late I have just declared the Challenge is off due to lack of response and interest.... and for months there was no reply or postings............sorry .... you can't ride a dead horse...

go to malaysia ....that is were the action is.....try to be a Malaysia OPEN Champion - our local guys came back with 8 tophies from the recent race...something like 2 first and 3 seconds .....well done Diamond, Steven and Ivy (Ms) the only female participant
                      now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X