Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequency Clash

Hey Guys please note....

If you intend to sail at bedok res...please bear in mind that it is glider season and there will be people flying off the slope on the SW side of the pond. The gliders range from 1m to 4m span and some cost thousands of dollars. Please do a frequency check before you turn on your transmitter. Glider season only lasts about 2 to 3 mths in a year and this is the only place in Singapore that it can be done.

As I am one of the few who sail and soar, you can call me if you intend to boat at bedok and I will alrert the others (91012721). You can also post your intention in the airplanes forum together with your frequency so that the flyers can avoid it. Its not fool proof but it is better than nothing.

Cheers!
    Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Originally posted by Blackite207
    Hey Guys please note....

If you intend to sail at bedok res...please bear in mind that it is glider season and there will be people flying off the slope on the SW side of the pond. The gliders range from 1m to 4m span and some cost thousands of dollars. Please do a frequency check before you turn on your transmitter. Glider season only lasts about 2 to 3 mths in a year and this is the only place in Singapore that it can be done.

As I am one of the few who sail and soar, you can call me if you intend to boat at bedok and I will alrert the others (91012721). You can also post your intention in the airplanes forum together with your frequency so that the flyers can avoid it. Its not fool proof but it is better than nothing.

Cheers!
    It really saddens me to see that it requires such reminder to ensure safe RCing.

It should be each and every individuals responsibility to make sure that when you turn on that tranmistter, you are sure that there are nobody else on the same freq, regardless of plane, boat, cars whatsoever.

What has this hobby decended too? or has everyone got the chan syndrome.

I hope that everyone who bring anyone new or happen to be around when a new RCer comes along, please try your level best to teach them this very first and important basics to RC, that is to check frequency. even those using the 2.4GHz at just as a coutesy announce or say i am using 2.4GHz UHF.

the cost of planes are just a fraction of what dangers an uncontrolled plane can do. think about it, or you might just lose the ability to enjoy RC.

Happy sloping and merry christmas! now bring on the winds! oh where oh where.
    wind looks crap var/2kts..

Comment

Yes Friend I agree with you 100%. I always do a frequency check before I turn on my transmitter. Its not the cost of the model but also the potentially desasterous effects it can cause if it hits someone, Sailboats I guess are the exception as the dont have high speeds and spinning props but never the less they fall into the same group and what effects the one will affect the rest.

Merry Christmas to all happy RC-ing
      Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

my air stuff all on spektrum. my road stuff all on 27mhz, so are my boats.
        problem with road stuff is, sometimes u get people saying,"i'm on 27mhz, A/B/C" or "i'm on channel 1, don't know what frequency, and it doesn't write..."

Comment

Originally posted by huasze
          my air stuff all on spektrum. my road stuff all on 27mhz, so are my boats.
          problem with road stuff is, sometimes u get people saying,"i'm on 27mhz, A/B/C" or "i'm on channel 1, don't know what frequency, and it doesn't write..."
          so it is up to the long time RCers who are more experienced to sort it out.
          below is the frequency A/B/C 1-6 for 27mhz, now you know.

and it does not take too much effort to confirm by physically checking.

Comment

the channel 1-6 is usually standard. but the A,B,C isn't.
            it depends on the company. just last week i had a guy flying 27A which corresponded to 27.145mhz

Comment

thanks anyway for the excellent chart!

Comment

yepper, you never know what the Made in China toys frequency they decide to adopt... so just have a quick check is still safest..

most of the time serious RCers do not have toys like those that use A/B/C, so they are not so common.
                My main worry is that those daddy's who buy for their kid just for fun, where they dont have any experience with RC, so its up to ppl like us to approach them to check. think of it this way, their toys cost only $50, yours would cost $300 and up, woulnt you want to make the effort just to be safe?

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Seems like i am getting a red "x" for the chart. anyway the link still works.

Comment

Regular RC'ers will probably discover a frequency crash in a while... but not those on toy crafts what kennyc mentioned... and even if their toy steer arkwardly out of control.. they won't even suspect a frequency crash because they would think it was just a cheapo toy ( and probably lousy controllers etc ) anyway.
                    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

so will a am n fm radio frq crash together
                      mike

Comment

Working...
                      X