Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast electric boat

Hi guys, any recommendation on where and what to get for a fast single motor electric boat? i intend to mod in a brushless 22.2v system, already have the necessary lipos, esc and motor.

currently i have a traxxas villain ex and a kyosho wavechopper but the villain is dual motor and it will be too troublesome to mod, while the wavechopper doesn't have space for my lipos.

i intend to use 4x 3s1p 2250mah 20c lipos for the system, which will allow 90A max to be drawn from the system running in 2s2p batt config

as such, would like to ask for recommendations for a boat. no need super expensive or anything, just a fast single motor electric that i can find spare parts for!

also to the regulars: do your boats suck in water? my wavechopper sucks in lots of water after every run, forcing me to dump water out everytime

How fast u wana go?

20mph / 30mph / 40mph / 50mph / 60mph / 70mph

Watz ur motor spec?

Wat kind of boat u looking for?

Cat / Hydro / V-hull / Outrigger

Elec boats should have minimal water in the hull. Check all ur fittings.

Comment

i shipped in a great planes ammo 36-56 1200kv motor. at USD 35 from tower its a good price! i checked the wavechopper. think one of the round hollow tube is loose, letting in water so that may be the problem.

i hope to get a boat that's significantly faster than my current traxxas villain ex.

actually now to think about it, the ex has a huge batt compartment that is quite suitable for 4x 3s lipos. if i put in 2 of these ammo motors, along with 2 ESCs and a Y-harness, the extra work may not be that much. and the stock villain ex is already pretty fast.

Comment

check this out http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27585

Comment

With that motor spec u can go at ard 40-50mph on an outrigger. But u will need higher voltage. The motor kv is pretty low. 1200Kv x 11.1V = 13 320rpm

Do consider getting a 20-26" hull to go wif the motor.

U can try JH elec boats for a start.

Comment

hmm thanks! looks not bad. but i prefer the normal shaped boats, or v-hull.

lemme think really hard!

Comment

If u really want good speed, look at 30" n above hulls.

U will need to upgrade all of ur electronics too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                With that motor spec u can go at ard 40-50mph on an outrigger. But u will need higher voltage. The motor kv is pretty low. 1200Kv x 11.1V = 13 320rpm

Do consider getting a 20-26" hull to go wif the motor.

U can try JH elec boats for a start.
                thanks!
                i intend to run it in series. ie 1200kv x 22.2v=26640rpm
                that should be enough.
                i prob ask around for a villain ex, if not get a jethobby boat.

Comment

by tge way, what's an outrigger? is that the fastest type of boat, and why?

Comment

Originally posted by huasze
                    by tge way, what's an outrigger? is that the fastest type of boat, and why?

Here are some examples of outrigger :

Its the fastest r/c boat in world currently. Only minimal hull is in contact wif the water, thus it moves a lot faster. Checkout the video here : http://www.lehner-motoren.com/index.php?la=en

Comment

Oops, should be fastest elec r/c boat currently. Not sure abt the latest NAMBA results that happen two or three weeks ago. Will check n revert.

Comment

Results are here :

Do note the motor they are using. U wana clock a fast speed, gotta spend a whole lot more.

Pics of the event : http://www.flickr.com/photos/9383481...7603093727878/

Tis is for HZM, the guy who took the above pics use : Nikon D2H, Eight frames per second. With an 80-200 2.8 Lens. So when can take fast pics of my boat?
                        Last edited by Adrianli; 20-11-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X