Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! on mini-y boat

well apparently heli flying skills and 1st time rc boat skills don't mix very well.

I bought a mini-y for a friend, i decided to test it tonight coz i was bored at home. fitted the only rx i had and a spare 2s batt i had lying around and went to the pool downstairs.

And so I throttled up really slowly and off she went! i thought to myself "hey this is nice and relaxing, maybe i should get a boat myself"...

so after around a couple of mins of just really slow cruising, i decided to let her rip like the video i saw on the jethobby website.

and that's the big mistake.

I don't know if I was supposed to check CG or something (do u have to do that on boats??) but when i gave her full throttle, she literally jumped out of the water about a couple of feet in the air and landed back upside down!!! i realised, oh shit my electronics!! plus this isn't my boat!!! waaa!! good thing my wife was beside me watching my crazy antics, so i jammed the radio in her hand and jumped in the pool to rescue the damn thing!!!

and to cut the story short, i now have a dead 9-channel rx (was gonna used it on my new heli ), and since i only have 1 rx right now, i can't test if the boat's stock electronics (motor, esc and servo) are still working. to top it off, it's not even mine for sure the rx isn't working coz i tried to test it using some spare servos and rx battery i had, it sure didn't work.

so i have to wait until Sunday to go the field and borrow a spare rx if anyone can lend me one, ill bring the boat to the field to test the electronics (oh God I hope they're still working)...Bishan boys...anyone can spare an RX for a few mins to test on Sunday??
    « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

plus, just in case they're dead...anybody know how much the motor, esc and servo of the mini-y is?

can't find it in the jethobby website..

Comment

Bro, sad to hear your min y boat accident, don't worry you can bring to jet hobby let Mook to help you,I know he have spares bcos last time I have one .

Comment

Shaun,

The motor n ESC are waterproof. Not sure abt the servo, but shouldnt be a problem.

I place the batt in the front of the boat for cg.

Tis boat is a tough one, I dont tink u burnt anything except ur rx. Next time tape up the hatch b4 playing!!!

How do u like the speed??? Bring it to Bishan Pond n unlesh its full speed potiential.

Comment

ok that sounds like a relief. I do hope the esc and motor are ok I don't wanna spend on something that isn't mine

i'll bring it to the field tomorrow to check with a spare rx, so if it's my rx that's dead, i can relax a bit..

i feel like shooting myself in the foot, unnecessary expenses...alamak

Comment

Ehhh something about electronics that you should know.

Any circuit that is wet, as long as it dries completely, it will work provided that the circuit didn't get short out when it got wet.

Why don't u try opening the rx casing and let everything dry up and then try it again. Considering the low voltage and current that a rx uses, The circuit should not have got burnt when it got wet. Chances are there is water inside the rx shorting the circuitry inside.
            Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
            Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
            Esky Dauphin
            Walkera Lama 2
            Walkera 5G6
            Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
            Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
            Brushless Micro-T

Comment

hmm.. thanks for that little giant, i'll give that a go and see but even if it works, i think i'll just use this as a back up rx for something else like an el-cheapo boat

Comment

Next time, wrap ur rx in a balloon. That what we boaters do.

At least u learnt something in boating.

Comment

Working...
                X