Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any IOM Boat For Sale?

Any IOM BOAT for Sale? Please PM me.Thanks..

Iom

No IOM BOAT for Sale?

Comment

Originally posted by white
      Any IOM BOAT for Sale? Please PM me.Thanks..
      Hi White,
      Its near impossible to get a pre owned IOM here , as a IOM owner , we have a
      long waiting list. I suppose u maybe able to get one from either Australia or New Zealand. For buying a new one , a popular yacht can take u about eight months waiting time , so u will be better of buying a preowned boat .
      cheers
      zakspeed

Comment

HI,
        My advice is to go to the RC Sailing website and post a message there. I am sure you will get a sailor who will sell you his second yacht. Peter has the Tazilla which is made in Malaysia. I am sailing a discontinued Ares. Sails $180 rigging about $400. Winch servo $300+ (RMG Smartwinch) Rudder servo (at least 7kg torque) $65.
        Regards
        Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

I have a IOM for sale.....at the right price. Moving again and need to dispose of it.

Originally posted by Blackite207
          HI,
          My advice is to go to the RC Sailing website and post a message there. I am sure you will get a sailor who will sell you his second yacht. Peter has the Tazilla which is made in Malaysia. I am sailing a discontinued Ares. Sails $180 rigging about $400. Winch servo $300+ (RMG Smartwinch) Rudder servo (at least 7kg torque) $65.
          Regards

Comment

Originally posted by RCGasBoat
            I have a IOM for sale.....at the right price. Moving again and need to dispose of it.
            Hi, please let me know how much you wish to let go ?

Can you PM me your IOM model, provide picture or viewing ?
            Riggings ? With or without winch / servos ?
            Condition of boat ?
            I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

wah bro so fast IOM ah.not etnz .hehe
              mike

Comment

Kena Poison!
                Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

kana sail spell like me hehe so any cure for him must find sail doc 4 him hehe
                  mike

Comment

Hmm... didn't know IOM resale value are so high
                    Back to my Voyager...

By the way, Blackit207, if i rig my sails to IOM size, will it be competitive or still way way way behind the real IOMs ? I know you did that.. how was the result ?

Comment

Because of the design of the yacht, it will not point into the wind as high as the IOM. Downwind she is as fast but only at a certain windspeed. To answer your question..No it will not be as competative but it will beat the seawind and Victoria. You have to plan the sail design well. I increased the Jib width and length, increased the mainsail length but reduced the width. As a result she had a larger sail area At a distance it looked like an IOM sail but will not withstand winds in excess of 7 knots. Will keel over too much and this will slow the yacht down. You will need to use a sail winch as the sail servo will not be strong enough to take the extra load.
                      Cheers!

Comment

if the sail boat keel 2 once side almost touch water do i open the sail a bit to let the wind pass troungh so as to increase the speed.btw the water keep cuming in the servo holder is there any water proof ideal .do i use a sealer to seal at the bottom of servo.or just dig a hole at the holder to let water out.i mean my voyager.so the mast how high it would be let sail 2m ht.wat happen if the width of main sail is not shorter.and can i modify the jib same as the main sail.
                        mike

Comment

Hmmm .. so keeling is a problem.. so not a very wise idea either.. haha..

T-flyer.. so far not many water could get into my boat except in seaside sailing where big amount of splashes came overdeck.. last week at pond there is not even a drop of water from my aft drain hole !

You not using tape to tape the deck covers of course will get water in lah...

I put vaseline at mast and everywhere where there are holes going into the inside of boat.. so far very good result... and vaseline maybe you can use it for personal too.. whahaha

Comment

Working...
                          X