Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on boat basics

Guys,

need some pointers on boats. I'm converting my seaquest scale model to a surface boat.. think sub too chim for me.

How to prevend water from coming into the hull thru the prop hole and the servo hole for the rudder? know very simple question.. but virgin builder lah.

thanks.
    Guys.. I can't do 3D. So if you see me flying inverted, I'm in trouble...

Prop hole - use stuffing box

Servo hole - use rubber boot http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...&cid=48&idx=51

For stuffing box, have a look at the toy boats one. Very interesting how they do it.

Comment

I have some experience in the toy boat stuffing box. Cheap n easy to make. Good for low speed scale boats.

Its made of :

1) Prop shaft wif threaded end
      2) Brass tube
      3) O-ring
      4) Circlip

The brass tube ID must be big enough for the prop shaft dia n o-ring. The o-ring keeps the water seal. Remember to add grease once a while.

Not suitable for high speed boats.

Comment

thanks bro.. will go jet hobby to check out the bellow thingy..
        think will try the stuffing tube..

one last question.. you know where i can get the flexi drive shaft? afraid that the motor shaft might not align with the prop shaft lah

Comment

Currently, JH or buy from US sites.

But JH limited sizes only. OSE better, wide variety of sizes till

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
            Currently, JH or buy from US sites.

But JH limited sizes only. OSE better, wide variety of sizes till
            wot'z OSE?

Comment

OSE = www.offshoreelectrics.com

Have a wonderful shopping trip.....................they open to us only after 14th August 2007. Steve on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                OSE = www.offshoreelectrics.com

Have a wonderful shopping trip.....................they open to us only after 14th August 2007. Steve on vacation.
                i see.. this been to this site.. offer very good tips. was thinking of ordering from them if sg dun have.. kekekke thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X