Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Breaking the dB Limit at Ponggol Park!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice guy

[QUOTE=Palladine]Hi Mihsah

.....speaking for myself as I am still not a member of HCC and was not at PP on National Day, as a Nitro and Gas RC boater like to apologise to the RC Sailors and members of public who uses PP.....

Hi Palladine,

Thank you for your reply

I believe there are a bunch of nice and intellect member like u in your club.
    Just a bunch of arrogant and irresponsible ones that tarnished this hobby of yours.

Have fun and enjoy every moment of your hobby.You may scream, shout at each other ... at the end of the day, we smile and laugh together also. Thats what i call sport.

Thanks again Palladine.

Comment

It's great to see these problems, issues and behaviours being highlighted and debated on this forum.

I also don't think all of the sail or power boaters at PP read or use this forum so while it is useful for some boaters to learn of these problems, the forum's effectiveness in resolving them is often limited.

In addition, actual members of the HCC rc boat club comprise only a SUBSET of those you see running their boats at Punggol Park.

Unfortunately, whenever things go wrong or an unpleasant incident occurs, it is the club that cops all the complaints and phone calls from the authorities (including NParks). This is why we need the authorities to actively enforce their regulations.

Using the most sarcastic tone possible, maybe it is advantageous to remain silent, anonymous, not register with NParks as required by the regulations clearly displayed on the signboards at PP (so the authorities don't have your name and phone number) and behave badly until you get busted by the authorities. I hope this attitude is not widespread, but I do wonder sometimes...
      If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

PP Report Card for Sunday 12 August

I am pleased to report that all nitro and gasoline boats that ran at Punggol Park today were compliant with the 84dB limit

Some were required to be fitted with add-on silencers before they were compliant and it was most encouraging to see the cooperation given and learn of some boaters' efforts to import suitable silencers and pipes to address this issue.

So thank you all for working together to bring back the peace at PP.

Those who were in attendance should now have a good idea what a compliant boat sounds like so please, if you are approached by fellow boaters on this issue, stop running, have the boat tested by arranging to have a dB meter present, and address the problem (which usually requires spending a little more money on an effective silencer).

Let's keep up the good work so we get to keep running at PP

Comment

Resignation - with immediate effect

On a more humorous note, I hereby tender my resignation as "Punggol Park Police" with immediate effect... in fact, I don't ever recall signing up for this role in the first place

Please allow me to assume the permanent role of a "normal" citizen who just happens to run rc boats at PP.

So, no more phone calls, sms' or pm's please... if you have an issue, call the real police!

Doraemon signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon
            On a more humorous note, I hereby tender my resignation as "Punggol Park Police" with immediate effect... in fact, I don't ever recall signing up for this role in the first place

Please allow me to assume the permanent role of a "normal" citizen who just happens to run rc boats at PP.

So, no more phone calls, sms' or pm's please... if you have an issue, call the real police!

Doraemon signing out.

Well you are still the Racing Director,

thanks for your effort to get a DB meter to verify the noise situation

a mountain can be made into a mole hill.... especially in Spore when we need more sand to reclaim more land
            Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
            now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

I thought we boaters were the only controversial lot,

When the guys at Ponggol Field Walk exhibited a group area cleaning, with so many volunteers turning up and pledging. I felt ashame

But now there is light at the end of the tunnel ......

Is this a SG phenomenon ?

This thread from the Woodlands Click Here

It is scary to know that we are not alone

LOL

Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
              now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Working...
              X