Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
    now burning NITRO !!!

Any nice hulls to go wif???

Comment

Wow... I am sure matching hulls are on their way to SG
      If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

Don't expect great hulls from me Cannot fibre glass that why

Anyway more engines on the way and maybe a dynamometer ..........seen one in ebay and fingers getting itchy

lookie look awesome

Oops this more my budget Made in Malaysia

7 hp 8 hp TWINS QUAD
        now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Yap, Bro Palladin, I have to agree with you. Me now as poision damn deep. After buying 2 gasser within one month. Now I still wanna get another gas boat. My wife is making noise abt me spending too much time and money on a hobby already.

But unlike you that is crazy about engines, I am more to enjoying the building process. lucky a good bro will soon pass be his rackup TS2 and this shd keep me busy for sometime.
          Life's a joke. Keep laughing....

Comment

Mixed Breeding

What happens when you put a couple of engines in a box ??

This is what happens

Its a CY/GP - lets hope it will be better than the stock GP260M ....no reasons as the piston and piston pin are CY's. With CY cylinder block - new intake and exhaust timing.

Intending to use a WT 813 with accerelator pump that will tip the balance, maybe I should compare it with a stock CY with WT 771 carb.
            now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Is that a CY top end mated to a JZ bottom end? I didn't know they were interchangeable before your photo. Good thing the manufacturers use the Zen bolt patterns. This will allow for many interesting hop ups

Comment

All 26cc Gasser have interchangeable parts and they based their design on Zen which uses parts from chainsaws, weedwackers and leaves blower.

Our SEA distributor for Zenoah is in Sabah cuz he sells alot of chainsaw - it timber country over there

Guess it is "economy of scale" to bring the cost down.

Though not necessary lower prices to us - Boaters

Even the Gas boat we bought are using the weedwacker's fuel tank.

So run to the hardware store that sell weedwackers and get your parts from them

BTW

does anyone know who are the suppliers of the weed wacker in Singapore....

Had been searching the net and Yellow page but no result.

HELP....HELP anyone ?????
                now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Hop Up

Since we are in this subject,

Easiest hop-up are changing Props, Carb, lighter piston, lighter piston pins, cylinder with bigger intake and exhaust ports.

Hop-up I mean just a bolt on job to enhance the performance of your engine. Most of us can do it and if it does not perform as expected we can always revert back to the old parts. Right

Mods that requires a dremel, fileing, milling which might results in a useless engine. Tried that and have a bunch of cylinders to proof .....back in the stinky PAW 2.5cc diesel days. anyone from the age group of Orkan, ETA, Oliver Tiger, Rossi, Supre Tigre, Bugl OS was a stock engine like Thunder Tiger now

Let me start with Carb as this is the easiest performance enhancer.

Did you know that Walbro used to have a factory in Jurong manufacturing GAS carb. Anyway it closed down and shifted production to China.

Brands of carb in use with gas boat engines

Weedwacker - Huayi (shaft throttle) thus limiting the performance of the engine, anyway it is a heavy engine, with thick housing and a heavy clutch.

GP260M - Ruixing (China Copy of Walbro with butterfly valve) reliability is questioned as seen with Steven's boat

DZY26SB-2 stock carb - WT 883 it is a Walbro so far so good with my engine.

CY stock carb - WT 771 ought to be good or where does the 4 to 5 HP comes from.

Zen Stock carb - WT 644 mostly changed to WT 257 after mod. Rated at 3.3 HP

Most Popular Competition Carb - WT 257 (without priming bulb) Full Racing Mod ZEN can deliver 7 to 8 HP

Carb with accelerator pump - WT 813 (coming to a pond near us, yes guys, it is coming, pls wait awhile longer ) Performance - AKAN DATANG. Its is identical with WT 257 in all dimensions but has an accelerator pump.

check this out

now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Palladine

Carb with accelerator pump - WT 813 (coming to a pond near us, yes guys, it is coming, pls wait awhile longer ) Performance - AKAN DATANG. Its is identical with WT 257 in all dimensions but has an accelerator pump.
                    Can't wait to try this one!

Comment

Mods that requires a dremel, fileing, milling which might results in a useless engine. Tried that and have a bunch of cylinders to proof .....back in the stinky PAW 2.5cc diesel days. anyone from the age group of Orkan, ETA, Oliver Tiger, Rossi, Supre Tigre, Bugl OS was a stock engine like Thunder Tiger now
                      Bro .....you forgot to mention Cox Conquest, Nelson FI and RV .....and how could you have missed out the MVVS D7 ?
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                        Bro .....you forgot to mention Cox Conquest, Nelson FI and RV .....and how could you have missed out the MVVS D7 ?
                        MVVS D7 is on my display. Not a drop of fuel. So is my Super Tigre G15 RV.

Conquest was too expensive so it just got more expensive.

Nelson did not have a chance to smell it.

What engines do you have ?
                        now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

MVVS D7 is on my display. Not a drop of fuel. So is my Super Tigre G15 RV.

Conquest was too expensive so it just got more expensive.

Nelson did not have a chance to smell it.

What engines do you have ?
                          The old ones (circa 1970-1986) are mothballed away somewhere in the abyss of my storeroom !
                          The newer ones that can still be located, are mainly Russian handmade F2D combat engines ....i.e: AKM (only 3 in SG ! ), Zorros, Cyclons, Zalps and Foras.
                          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                            The old ones (circa 1970-1986) are mothballed away somewhere in the abyss of my storeroom !
                            The newer ones that can still be located, are mainly Russian handmade F2D combat engines ....i.e: AKM (only 3 in SG ! ), Zorros, Cyclons, Zalps and Foras.
                            Do you know where to buy ether ? They had not run for years.....
                            now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

palladine: i'm using twin cy46 engines in my coaxial helicopter. the engines run fine and are pretty stable. not as smooth as a zen though. may i know where you got your mufflers and tuned pipes? i got my engines from davesdiscountmotors in the us.
                              JR 9x
                              Raptor 50 SE
                              Raptor 90 3D
                              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                              Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                              Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Working...
                              X