Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
    there was or is an old batch of 3300 GP cells that can do the dead short trick and they run pretty damn well i can say, maybe not for race la but enough punch and last for a sunday driver / player

the new int brands and higher mah Gp may not handle that sort of discharge

either way, lipo or nimh its all up to x-wing

lol
    It quite complicated to do the dead short procedure and you risk your batteries, equipment and a fire if done wrongly. ....evidently, what they do is discharge the pack to 5.4V (0.9V per cell) then throw it into the balancing tray to bring the voltage down further to 0.4V per cell before connecting a length of soldering lead from the positive to negative of the pack.

Results are varied ! ......some swear that it increases the pack voltages while others cursed that they lost voltage .....but in common, all agree that it loses some capacity.

I've heard that the Intelect IB cells have very good initial voltages but loses it after about 20 cycles .....the GP are better in sustaining the voltages.
    My experience have proven this true.
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Really ah.. Didn't know leh.. cos I always go there to get parts, and just btw go by some Ni-Cad batt.. didn't know their price can be that high, as didn't do much shopping or price comparison..

K.. Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Frank
      cut throat price
      Pay me I also won't go there

Comment

Working...
      X