Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boating @ Bishan Park

I drove pass Bishan Park a couple of times recently and saw that the pond over there is pretty clean n cleared up. There is also an amphitheatre wif stage there next to the pond.

I wonder if any of u guys ever played ur electric boats there b4??? I looked up NParks website but no info found.

Most updated Singapore Maps, Driving Directions, Real-time traffic cams & business directory. Use Street directory App to find exclusive offers near you & download offline maps. You'll be lost without it.

Originally posted by Adrianli
    I drove pass Bishan Park a couple of times recently and saw that the pond over there is pretty clean n cleared up. There is also an amphitheatre wif stage there next to the pond.

I wonder if any of u guys ever played ur electric boats there b4??? I looked up NParks website but no info found.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...level=5?236,66
    Thumbs up Ought to gain more areas to boat, esp for nitro/ gas...PP is really too limited.

Comment

Ok, let me apply permit n open R/C Boat shop there. Then invite u guys to come over n play all u want!!!

I'm still day dreaming.

Comment

I am not into rc boats.But i would love to see someone managed to talk out the authorities into allowing rc boating there.Anyway its just near my place...can drop by look2...heheh.Punggol too far.

Comment

Originally posted by ofna
          I am not into rc boats.But i would love to see someone managed to talk out the authorities into allowing rc boating there.Anyway its just near my place...can drop by look2...heheh.Punggol too far.
          A few years back, some clubs did apply for the permit to "play" RC boat there but was in vain. There is an office at the park.

Comment

that office is just a rest place for the "park attendants" or what ever you call them. Park rangers? Sounds too cool for them.

You need to go to NEA. I'm for it, my mom has been mentioning that there are people boating @ punggol, she "seems" interested. Who knows, if it gets through, i may be able to get some sponors for a boat.

Comment

i dunno if we can boat there.

but i have been boating there occassionally.

seems like authorities there quite lax or okay with it.

if u guys like to, we can arrange a suitable time to meet up at Bishan Park carpark one of these weekends and we will have a good boating session there.

Cheers
              Tx: Futaba T6XA 29MHz
              Planes in service
              ArtTech Cessna 182, 2nd;Self-Built Flying Wing, 2nd;GWS Formosa I, 2nd;GWS eStarter, 2nd; Interceptor EP, 2nd; World Model, Melting EP

Nitro
              Sonic 30 size High Wing

Others
              GWS DHC Beaver;EPP Mustang P51;
              BAT Flying Wing; HoneyBee FP: Hanger, still learning to fly

Scrapped
              Hacker El-Bandito

Boats in service
              Negotiator;Destroyer Yamato (tribute to Temannis)

Comment

I always go to Bishan park and I see some people playing with boats there. But the boats are those small electric ones.

Comment

yeah! the place is not suitable for nitro or gasoline boats.
                  Tx: Futaba T6XA 29MHz
                  Planes in service
                  ArtTech Cessna 182, 2nd;Self-Built Flying Wing, 2nd;GWS Formosa I, 2nd;GWS eStarter, 2nd; Interceptor EP, 2nd; World Model, Melting EP

Nitro
                  Sonic 30 size High Wing

Others
                  GWS DHC Beaver;EPP Mustang P51;
                  BAT Flying Wing; HoneyBee FP: Hanger, still learning to fly

Scrapped
                  Hacker El-Bandito

Boats in service
                  Negotiator;Destroyer Yamato (tribute to Temannis)

Comment

Originally posted by genexis
                    that office is just a rest place for the "park attendants" or what ever you call them. Park rangers? Sounds too cool for them.

You need to go to NEA. I'm for it, my mom has been mentioning that there are people boating @ punggol, she "seems" interested. Who knows, if it gets through, i may be able to get some sponors for a boat.

Why NEA hur???

I tot it should be Nparks???

I would drop by after morning heli session n take a scouting walk at Bishan Park tis Sunday.

Comment

Well done Adrian, looks like a very nice venue thanks for doing the scouting

I also think the BP pond should only be used for EPs. Unless permission is formally given by NParks, nitros and gas boats should not be run there (dun wanna get the authorities off-side before we even start). It's not that EPs are slower (in fact, they are in many cases faster) than nitros or gas, it's just that the latter do make more noise and appear more "intimidating" to the public and NParks. So for the time being, keep it stealthy
                      If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue
                          U wana join me on Sunday also??? Rite after heli session.

Comment

Cannot leh , i show my wife the post abt how to be a good wife ...

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue
                              Cannot leh , i show my wife the post abt how to be a good wife ...
                              Then u prepare to kena pull ear n kneel on durian husk.

Comment

Working...
                              X