Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any flying site near Tampines?

I live in Tampines.......know of any flying site(s) nearby?

hi there, i'll be meeting my friends for flying at tampines on sat afternoon. its the Singapore poly aviation club flying site...not too sure where it is exactly, but its apparently not too far from the mrt station. if you wanna meet up, can call me at 97437140.
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

The BMX cycling park, at tampines is a flying site. You will need to walk about 100m-200m into the park, following one of the tracks.

Watch out for teens hanky-pankying there in the bushes (opposite the flying area) on weekdays. It is not that safe to fly a heil there on weekdays unless there is a spotter accompanying you.

I was told by one of the regulars (a uncle I met there at the park) it is relative crowded there on weekends...
      Last edited by nic; 16-07-2004, 07:46 AM.
      huh

Comment

Here's the map:
        Thank-you StreetDirectory.Com
        huh

Comment

hur? Hanky panky opp of the heli flying site? No wonder its so crowded

Please note there is a big big empty plot beside the MRT station, nv fly there ..... it was once an unofficial flying site for plane and heli ..... not until plane start getting into swimming pool, HDB flats, mosque ........... was told a heli drift from there all the way to expo! dunno if true or not ......... I started my flying there till authority ban the place

Mike

Comment

That plot of land... mata go spot check very regularly to give summon to cars parked there... I know cause I always ganna shooed away by the matas ... (no I didn't fly there..)
            huh

Comment

How come u all never go to UMCi there? Over there got HUGE grass + sand + soil land. Flat like hell.

Super-Hornet

Comment

I fly at UMCi... at times (very rarely) have to share with kite flyers and electric flyers. The kite flyers are nice enough to wait for their turn to fly.... so.. all get our turns....
                huh

Comment

But lately.. I just too lazy to drive there... extra 20 km (return trip)....
                  huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                    But lately.. I just too lazy to drive there... extra 20 km (return trip)....
                    Yeah considering the increase in the price of petrol, every KM counts

Mike

Comment

wah....I got no car leh.....think I'll be stucked in Tampines area.

Brandon Chng, thanks for the invitation man......but I'm quite tied up tomorrow......if you guys are flying again soon do let me know Thanks a million!!!

Comment

U can go by bus 39 from pasir ris to the UMCi. The bus stop is just in front of UMCi.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                          Here's the map:
                          Thank-you StreetDirectory.Com
                          thanks for the map nic! was there just now to reki.....there's a handful of people flying helis. Dun see anyone flying planes

just bought all my stuff to start me off....hope to be ready to fly by next week end.....

wana go together? (dat is if my plane is ready )

Comment

just realise that u are in the western area might be abit far for you

anyone going tampines mountain bike track next week end?

Comment

yea mericiful, think THAT's the place i went...certainly looks like a bike trail to me...nice place with a runway and helipad there...
                              JR 9x
                              Raptor 50 SE
                              Raptor 90 3D
                              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                              Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                              Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Working...
                              X