Clear All

S.P.A.D ugly stick 1a

Summary

(image remvoed... too ugly to be seen)

Maiden today.
    Total Flight time = 5 second.

Damage list = 1 ESC 400E

====
    Finnally brought my ugly stick for its maiden flight.
    It was a tad too windy.. but decide to go ahead with it.
    Got it up... it got $@#$@#$@ blown off... stalled and
    @#@# crashed.

Designed my SPAD to have its motor breaking off on impact to safe the blades.... and it works... the propellars blades are saved.
    And because of this stupidity.... the momentum of the propellars caused the motor to spin... and it twisted the cable to such an extend that it cause 2 tiny bits of exposed leads to twist and contact each other... and vola.. high current short circuit.

The ESC burnt.... cables were smoking. I have molten solders smear across the wings of the plane. Good thing I wasn't using Lipos.....

No other visiable damage.

... back to the drawing board....
    Last edited by nic; 14-07-2004, 09:09 AM.
    huh

Oh thats bad. Had u consider those profile plane Bon built? They seems easier to make and fly. IFO too .... flew one homemade one by Joe, seems pretty easy to fly ...... But then Mecplas had been fly SPAD w/o much hassle Guess u just need to work a little harder

Mike

Comment

I don't know.. I think it is mainly because it is too windy today. When I flew my raptor, I was hovering at a tilted angle to fight the wind.

Anyway.. I had plans to modify the motor mount... I was just too lazy to do it and had wanted to try first... guess stupidity pays..
      huh

Comment

Working...
      X