Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibreglass resin?

I want to fibreglass a plane and I am going to get fibreglass cloth form Hobbyking. However I do not have a resin.
    If any bros out there know how to fibreglass can you please tell me what are you using and where you get it?
    I know theres the Deluxe Eze-Kote, however it is expensive and I want to find an alternate. Ive heard of polyutherane and polycrilic but where to get and exactly what brand and type works better?
    Thank you

Hi, for my fibreglassing needs, i just use zpoxy finishing resin. See if ntc has stock.
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

deluxe ez kote only seems to work nicely on the thinnest grade of fg cloth.

for thicker stuff, laminating epoxy also works.

but it seems to be the same price.

alternative is liquid polyurethane floor varnish.

but its also pretty expensive and comparable to ezkote.
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

TS, note that if you are using the lightest glass available from HK, IMO the weaves are too coarse...you'll end up adding weight from the epoxy to the plane without much strength from the glass.

Comment

Working...
        X