Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Parkflyer is your favorite?

I have an F-18 EDF jet and a Parkzone F4F Wildcat. My jet used to be the favorite, but the Wildcat is fast becoming my favorite plane. It is fast and very fun.

The only problem is that I am not sure which parkflyer I should invest in next. Based on how I fly, what do you guys suggest? This is also flown with the stock set-up and there is 8-10mph wind I am dealing with in the video.

Any feedback or advice is appreciated.

GB

The PZ T28 or Durafly T28 is a nice plane to have. Especially with retracts, lights and flaps on the Durafly. Use a 4S on this plane if you want to go fast. You can upgrade the motor to a NTM 3536A 1400KV on a 4S is ballistic.

Comment

The Parkzone warbirds are quite large models for "parkflyer"... but I think they are using USA parks!

Anyway, if you have a "park" large enough for those models, you might want to try the MPX Funjet (or the latest incarnation, the Funjet Ultra). Large, open design allow endless combination of power setup - as fast or noisy or economical (hobbyking electronics!) as you wish. Also glides very well without power.

Despite limited aerobatic capability - since it only has elevons and no rudders, very few can beat it at straight-line speed, except maybe for certain more upmarket hotliners which are well above the Funjet's price range. High speed, low altitude passes, with the Funjet screaming past at full throttle will definitely put a smile on your face!
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Great choices! I have a questions about the Durafly T-28. I would prefer to keep it 3S as I have a lot of that type of battery. My question is, what kind does it take "stock"?

Thanks again for your feedback guys!

GB

Comment

Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
          Great choices! I have a questions about the Durafly T-28. I would prefer to keep it 3S as I have a lot of that type of battery. My question is, what kind does it take "stock"?

Thanks again for your feedback guys!

GB
          Durafly, like Parkzone warbirds, fly well on 3S. I don't have the Durafly T-28, but I do have the P-51 Mustang, flying on 3S 2200mAh packs.
          ------------------------------
          Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
          NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Yup, you can use a 3s 2200mah. It's a good and relaxing flight. However, if u do use 4S 2200mah, which I did on my stock setup. It flew very well. however, you have to watch your throttle management and not to over heat your esc. Alternatively, you can upgrade the ESC cheaply to 60A. The durafly model fllies very well and easily repairable. One weak point abt the T28 is the front LG which tends to strip. Read on rcgroups that upgrading it with a metal part does help. I broke mine and in Singapore there ain't many places to take off from ground or land. I just full throttle and toss it into the wind. Flies straight from your hands. I sure miss my T28.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
              Durafly, like Parkzone warbirds, fly well on 3S. I don't have the Durafly T-28, but I do have the P-51 Mustang, flying on 3S 2200mAh packs.
              Originally posted by goot View Post
              Yup, you can use a 3s 2200mah. It's a good and relaxing flight. However, if u do use 4S 2200mah, which I did on my stock setup. It flew very well. however, you have to watch your throttle management and not to over heat your esc. Alternatively, you can upgrade the ESC cheaply to 60A. The durafly model fllies very well and easily repairable. One weak point abt the T28 is the front LG which tends to strip. Read on rcgroups that upgrading it with a metal part does help. I broke mine and in Singapore there ain't many places to take off from ground or land. I just full throttle and toss it into the wind. Flies straight from your hands. I sure miss my T28.
              Thank you guys! That is very good to know. I love my PZ stuff, but my budget calls for something less "popular" as far as the price tag goes.

Comment

So the other day I took my Wildcat and T-28 out when I maidened my UMX Habu. What ensued was some RC fun that is what made me addicted to this hobby.

Here is the Wildcat video: http://youtu.be/LCJ75HABDeo

I posted the T-28 video in the T-28 thread

Comment

I just ordered the Corsair last night and I am so excited/nervous I can't even tell you!

Comment

Gullwing goodness!
                    Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                    I just ordered the Corsair last night and I am so excited/nervous I can't even tell you!
                    Hanger
                    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                    Hirobo Quark SRB
                    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
                    Blade450 3D
                    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
                    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
                    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
                    HK FLYJET EDF
                    Artech Skyfun
                    Dynam P51D Mustang
                    Parkzone P51

Tx:
                    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
                    Spektrum DX6i
                    DX8
                    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

my favourite companies are parkzone hobbyking and multiplex their planes are nice flying and stable too

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                        Gullwing goodness!
                        Yes sir!! It should be here tomorrow too

Originally posted by Raymond chew View Post
                        my favourite companies are parkzone hobbyking and multiplex their planes are nice flying and stable too
                        I have to agree! Which are your favorites from those brands?

Comment

Was loving my HobbyKing FMS Mini F4U for sometime until I have my scratch-built eagle. THe RC Eagle for now is my favorite.
                          I would say both are awesome park flyers. I fly my RC Eagle when I am looking for FUN and fly my Corsair if I need some thrill.... See both planes vid here:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesXuEOD9XY
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPlOOakc9KA
                          - Fly Slow and Easy, Enjoy Flying and share the FUN -

Comment

My personal favorite would be parkzone Champ .

relex flyer and fun trying to get it to fly inverted

Comment

hi guys, although ive been flying random stuff for the past few years...

can someone define the term "park flyer"? i keep reading about these things, but generally anything which can fly in a park is considered a park flyer?
                              But the term "park" would be US standards right... i mean, singapore's parks are like 1/4 the size of US ><

so what exactly is a park flyer?

Comment

Working...
                              X