Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Newbie thread

Hi guys.

I always had an interest in flying and until only got to play MS Flight simulator. Some fool told me that RC flying was very difficult in Sg as you will have to get "pemits" from Singtel. Im not sure about this but perhaps some of you veterans can advise me on that.

The aircraft Im looking for is the Kyosho F-16 EDF or like Astroboy's F-15. Is the F-16 still available? Last time I checked Kyosho's webby they said that it is discontinued. If so, I want to try to build my own aircraft. Is there anyone living near Sembawang MRT who can teach me the ropes?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi SQ410,

Welcome to DaddyHobby

Great to hear you want to try building your own, it all depends on your perserverence to make it successfull, are you a hands-on guy, likes to work with tools, have a good interest in technical stuff, i must stress that you have to read up a lot from the internet to learn how builders build their planes, the many different techiniques and the many different glues, raw materials and stuff they buy to build, do you have time set aside to build? have you taught about building an ARF (Almost-Ready-To-Fly) plane?
    The Kyosho F-16 EDF is not suitable for someone like you to start with, you should look for trainer planes, are you going to fly electric or nitro?

Anyway, enjoy browsing the forum and do ask questions, folks here are willing to answer your queries, but be patient, sometimes replies comes within minutes, sometimes day, we don't stare at our PCs 24-hrs a day

Cheers!

Comment

Hi welcome, if you are 100% new to RC flying please read up the 1st thread at off topic discussion. It will help you understand some of the basic startup look out on RC hobby.

Fully agree with Astroboy, if you are new to RC flying is best start with some kind of ARF model. They require some simple assembly which give you some basic idea of construction technique, yet not too difficult to complete. If you totally new to building, trying to build one (especially scale like jet , F-16) will be very difficult if not impossible. I should say they are no toy, looks easy but take yrs to master. You dont want to wast all the resource and time but at the end zero result.

Try to talk to those experience guy near your area face to face. Find out what you really want to do. Especially type of equipment or plane you want to start off. Dont jump to conclusion that nice looking plane will fly cool in the sky .

Good luck and hope you will enjoy your new hobby in the future

Comment

Originally posted by SQ410
        Hi guys.

I always had an interest in flying and until only got to play MS Flight simulator. Some fool told me that RC flying was very difficult in Sg as you will have to get "pemits" from Singtel. Im not sure about this but perhaps some of you veterans can advise me on that.

Does flying in Singapore really need a permit? Can anyone advice us newbies on that!

Comment

u can pay for a permit for ur frequency on a yearly basis..
          but why do tat? the law is not aiming u for tat rite now,,so....

Comment

Working...
          X