Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy foam

Anybody knows where to buy foam to do scratch build please tell me. Btw looking for buddies to fly with me behind Christ church secondary woodlands

Depending on the type of foam you want , Jethobby in ubi ave 3 sell most of them . Alternative would be artfriend esp for styrofoam .

Comment

Depending on what plane you want to build, but for depron, I personally think the depron from artfriend (6mm) is much stiffer, easier to cut and also any tape can stick to it with no problems...the depron from jet hobby (5mm) is much harder to cut as it is soft also tape don't stick on it that well. Bluefoam from jet and artfriend is equally good. Personally, I go to artfriend when buying any foam as they have a larger variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Janson View Post
        Depending on what plane you want to build, but for depron, I personally think the depron from artfriend (6mm) is much stiffer, easier to cut and also any tape can stick to it with no problems...the depron from jet hobby (5mm) is much harder to cut as it is soft also tape don't stick on it that well. Bluefoam from jet and artfriend is equally good. Personally, I go to artfriend when buying any foam as they have a larger variety.
        +1

Also, bras basah art friend seems to have more variety than takashimaya art friend.

I do not know about other branches.

Comment

1 mm foam sheet

Any shop selling 1 mm foam sheet? Intend to repair tail wing and rudder for my small plane. Tried Lunch box type of foam which is thicker and break easily. Tks

Comment

There's another artfriend branch at bouna vista. I think its the most convenient one since its located in the Mrt station, no need to walk far far. Also they have quite alot of foam varieties. But if its epp you are after, theres no choice but to go jethobby. I dont think can get epp anywhere else in sgp...or is there?

Comment

Was just browsing throught the jet hobby website but found that they do not carry foam of 9mm online. http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...9&idx=1&gid=16 Anyone knows if they have 9mm foam in store?

Comment

U can buy the depron foam at (zone5hobby) Fook Hai Building or any of the shop there
                Depending on the depron foam you want from 3mm,maybe they have 9mm depron foam ........

Comment

Originally posted by boonyeo View Post
                  U can buy the depron foam at (zone5hobby) Fook Hai Building or any of the shop there
                  Depending on the depron foam you want from 3mm,maybe they have 9mm depron foam ........

Thanks for reply bro. I'm looking specifically from 9mm depron since the plans require it. Would be a pain to have to glue different foam thickness together...

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                    Thanks for reply bro. I'm looking specifically from 9mm depron since the plans require it. Would be a pain to have to glue different foam thickness together...
                    I bought 9mm depron from the art friend at bras basah. Hunt around the shelves - some of them will be paper covered, some will not, you will probably want the one without the paper covering.

Comment

Originally posted by rayonnair View Post
                      I bought 9mm depron from the art friend at bras basah. Hunt around the shelves - some of them will be paper covered, some will not, you will probably want the one without the paper covering.
                      Thanks friend, just hoping that it won't be too expensive... I'll go for the one without the paper, because it's cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                      X