X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fms p51

Just bought FMS 800mm P51 .

Want to know the flight characteristic of this plane before my first maiden

Was informed to increase throttle while banking (turning ) or planes gonna stall ?

Any update is greatly appreciated .

Wow, they're still selling this model? One of the first of the FMS 800mm series.

Low wing warbirds like this tend to stall relatively easily when doing maneuvers or pulling 'G's at low speeds. Not just turning, but any yanking of the elevator will also give you a nasty surprise. Basically, go easy on the elevator stick...

You don't have to consciously increase throttle when banking, but just keep the speed up, should be okay.

As always, with any new model, bring it up to a considerable height first, before you test out its limits.
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Noted . Hopefully it flies as graceful as my T28.

T28 , always been a pain during hand launch , but once power is up , it flies pretty !

Comment

The T28 is always very easy to hand launch. Just 3/4 or full throttle then give a good throw it flies straight and beautifully. Try 3s and it's a breeze

Comment

My T28 runs on 1350mAh 3 cell 35c battery .

Open the throttle up 100% and it will scare the hack out of anyone .

wife says just waiting to see fire on esc if I continue full throttle . Battery is always hot after landing .

Mostly flying on 1/2 to 3/4 throttle .

Comment

Use a watt meter to measure the current drawn on that setup and upgrade your esc with 1.5x buffer of the max current drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by pandagold View Post
              My T28 runs on 1350mAh 3 cell 35c battery .

Open the throttle up 100% and it will scare the hack out of anyone .

wife says just waiting to see fire on esc if I continue full throttle . Battery is always hot after landing .

Mostly flying on 1/2 to 3/4 throttle .
              If battery hot please the battery cannot provide the required amps. You can try a higher C rating battery, nothing to do with the ESC.
              Hanger
              Hirobo XRB SR Lama
              Hirobo Quark SRB
              Hirobo Quark SRB SG
              Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
              Blade450 3D
              MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
              COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
              Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
              FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
              Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
              HK FLYJET EDF
              Artech Skyfun
              Dynam P51D Mustang
              Parkzone P51

Tx:
              Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
              Spektrum DX6i
              DX8
              Futaba 9CAP

Comment

The lipo he's using is already 35C, which seems plenty for a little airplane. And the ESC is also hot (?)

These 800mm FMS models are designed to run on 2S with their stock 3-blade prop and 20A ESC. On 3S, something's got to be changed...

Just upgrade to 30A ESC and/or use a 2-blade prop, GWS 7x6 or 8x4. It will still be on the toasty side, but won't burn up as long as you don't full throttle for the entire flight - that's what I used on my T-28.

Of course, best bet would be the Wattmeter check.
                ------------------------------
                Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                  The lipo he's using is already 35C, which seems plenty for a little airplane. And the ESC is also hot (?)

These 800mm FMS models are designed to run on 2S with their stock 3-blade prop and 20A ESC. On 3S, something's got to be changed...

Just upgrade to 30A ESC and/or use a 2-blade prop, GWS 7x6 or 8x4. It will still be on the toasty side, but won't burn up as long as you don't full throttle for the entire flight - that's what I used on my T-28.

Of course, best bet would be the Wattmeter check.
                  Thanks bro now that u mentioned. Definitely the 3 bladed prop very likely could have loaded and strained the power and motor setup if indeed it was meant for a 2s.
                  Hanger
                  Hirobo XRB SR Lama
                  Hirobo Quark SRB
                  Hirobo Quark SRB SG
                  Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
                  Blade450 3D
                  MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
                  COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
                  Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
                  FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
                  Artech F14 Tomcat EDF