Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viper F5D

I have recently acquired this german babe and have put the following setup within:

1. NEU 1115/1Y
    2. CC 100Amp Ice Lite
    3. Dymond 60 for Ailerons and Elevator

I am running a 2250 4S 65C within with the ESC stuffed up front together with the motor.

I would like to share that with this setup, the plane is a ridiculously over powered Ferrari. I have been given that term this afternoon by another bro and I definitely agree and that's why I am not willing to do anything past mid stick until I am able to tune the CG until it is SPOT ON.

The CG of this plane is currently at 57MM from LE and yet still nose heavy. The range is offered at between 55MM to 60MM and thus, I would like to forewarn any potential buyers of this plane to start with conservatively 57MM and move backwards if required. I am moving back 1MM every single flight.

As the recommended throws for the control surfaces are very very small....only 2MM / 1MM for Elevator. Too nose heavy may cause you not to be able to recover the plane.

Just to share as losing control with this ridiculously over powered Ferrari is definitely not a joke.

Cheers

Originally posted by Duntellyouleh View Post
    I have recently acquired this german babe and have put the following setup within:

1. NEU 1115/1Y
    2. CC 100Amp Ice Lite
    3. Dymond 60 for Ailerons and Elevator

I am running a 2250 4S 65C within with the ESC stuffed up front together with the motor.

I would like to share that with this setup, the plane is a ridiculously over powered Ferrari. I have been given that term this afternoon by another bro and I definitely agree and that's why I am not willing to do anything past mid stick until I am able to tune the CG until it is SPOT ON.

The CG of this plane is currently at 57MM from LE and yet still nose heavy. The range is offered at between 55MM to 60MM and thus, I would like to forewarn any potential buyers of this plane to start with conservatively 57MM and move backwards if required. I am moving back 1MM every single flight.

As the recommended throws for the control surfaces are very very small....only 2MM / 1MM for Elevator. Too nose heavy may cause you not to be able to recover the plane.

Just to share as losing control with this ridiculously over powered Ferrari is definitely not a joke.

Cheers
    For the record, I am still tuning the CG up till today's flight at Flight #4 and I already killed all the possible Graupner 4.75 * 4.75 props in Singapore until the next shipment comes in. Until then, it is APC time....I don't think I am capable to corner this brand by buying out all their props so don't blame me if you can't get those props...

But I am probably going to try GM 4.75 * 4.75 to see whether it will save me some prop money.

Anyone with experience with the GM pylon props to share?

Comment

4s is too slow on 1115/1Y and on this plane. You should go 5s :wink5:
      someone here has tried 7s on the Viper 3X version on different powerplant

I'm sticking with fixed prop as one of the prop of my GM 4.75x4.75 folding prop broke during flight
      sigpic

Comment

you guys crack me up

thing is, I don't have 500 (or more) to go on a pylon racer

can you guys loan me one for 'testing' and 'evaluation' purposes?

hahahah

I intend to only run 3s..... only Honda Civic
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

We will turn u into an adrenalin junkie before the year is up

Ha ha
          Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X