Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slowstick vibrating wing

Hi, anyone has any idea how to stop the slowstick wing from "shivering"/vibrating? thanx for sharing.
    I got this problem this morning when flying in a little wind. I hope to minimise it as it is quite scary seeing the whole plane vibrate.

u mean the wing flapping?fluttering? Try to reinforce the wing with tape and stiffer carbon rod.

sigpic

Comment

Apart fr that, check if they shaft is bent or any damage on the prop. This may cause vibes

Mike

Comment

ya flapping fluttering. cant be the shaft, its very straight.(Himax 2025 wif aluminium gb so the shaft is the hardened one). CF rods? normal slowstick got 2 right? i have 4. changed alu tube to brass. This was all done b4 fluttering. I know it is the wind making it flutter but i need to minimise it. thanx anyway. anymore advice?

thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
          ya flapping fluttering. cant be the shaft, its very straight.(Himax 2025 wif aluminium gb so the shaft is the hardened one). CF rods? normal slowstick got 2 right? i have 4. changed alu tube to brass. This was all done b4 fluttering. I know it is the wind making it flutter but i need to minimise it. thanx anyway. anymore advice?

thanx
          I added another fiber rod (short one) about 30-40cm across the brass bend joint that u mentioned. Bend a little at the centre & tape the whole rod together at the leading edge to strengthen the wing. Maybe it works for u too Though abit ugly...

Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
          Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
          Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
          Things to Sell:
          - T-rex 450XL NIB
          - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Working...
          X