Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie needs help on DIY Foam plane

Hi im new to this hobby and i want to start it by making my own Foam model , i know this wont be recommended as i dont know how to assemble it and stuff like that thats why i need help
    I want to go stright to a hard build by building this http://rcfoamfighters.com/Models/FF-...FF-NovaJet.htm but im clueless on the parts i need e.g. motor and things like this . i only can buy parts from this shop as www.skyhobby.com.sg .

can anyone tell me what parts i need? all i know is that i need a motor ESC receiver and 2 servo( the plane i want to make needs only 2 servo) what else do i need not including the battery and the charger . i need help because i need to know what other parts i need and recommended parts i should use like what servo and motor etc .

thank you for your help

Originally posted by cisys View Post
    Hi im new to this hobby and i want to start it by making my own Foam model , i know this wont be recommended as i dont know how to assemble it and stuff like that thats why i need help
    I want to go stright to a hard build by building this http://rcfoamfighters.com/Models/FF-...FF-NovaJet.htm but im clueless on the parts i need e.g. motor and things like this . i only can buy parts from this shop as www.skyhobby.com.sg .

can anyone tell me what parts i need? all i know is that i need a motor ESC receiver and 2 servo( the plane i want to make needs only 2 servo) what else do i need not including the battery and the charger . i need help because i need to know what other parts i need and recommended parts i should use like what servo and motor etc .

thank you for your help
    i mean any parts from jethobby.com.sg and skyhobby

Comment

Bro, the motor and ESC (and possibly everything else you need for your model) are suggested in the link you provided! Just scroll further down the page...
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

I know , but i want to know if i want to amke a plane fly all i need is this for items? a motor , ESC , Receiver and Servos? and how do i know what motor to choose ? Like what does Kv stand for and what should i look out before i buy a motor?

thanks

Comment

This is what I can think of things that will be on the plane. Hope I did not leave anything out. Sorry if I did.

- Receiver
          - Motor (depending on the plane AUW*. Look at the specs of the motor. See if the motor can pull the weight)
          - ESC (depending on the motor. Look at the specs of the motor)
          - Propeller (depending on the motor. Look at the recommendation in the motor specs)
          - Batteries (depending on the motor and ESC. Look at the recommendation in the motor specs)
          - Servos (depending on the model’s weight)
          - Push rods
          - Clevis (If you want to DIY, you can bend metal rod to a Z shape)
          - Horns (If you want to DIY, you use credit cards if the plane model is not too big)
          - Hinges (If you want to DIY, you can use tapes if the plane model is not too big. I use surgical tapes from Guardian)

*AUW: All-Up-Weight, or the total weight of the plane, which includes everything above.

You may wish to search the internet for more information, if you need clarification.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Ooops.. forgot about the wheels.

Comment

Ohh thank helped a lot. Any idea why hobby king parts are so cheap?

Comment

Well pretty simple actually , firstly , they have 3 main warehouse , so they bring in really in big bulk , reducing the prices .

2nd , they copy some of the popular design in planes esp glider , remake them under a different name then sell . This effectively reduce their money spent on research for new planes .

3rd , their nano-tech batteries are of really good qualities bringing them fave reviews and also purchase .

4th , like i said , they have their own production , effectively not having to pay the " middle man " .

5th , HK is part of and next to china , so their cost are kept lower as compared to having them elsewhere .

These are from my own views , if anyone spot any mistake , feel free to correct .

Comment

I don't think I would order from HK if it is for an item, or two. I think it would be better to just grab it off from our local shop.

Firstly, I don't have to wait on the long delivery time. Secondly, I can see the item to check if it fits, before buying it. I can also claim warranty if the item I got is faulty.

HK delivery time can be long especially if the items is out of stock. If you need it urgently, it can be frustrating. And if the parts is faulty, you have to send the item back, at your own cost. Unless the faulty parts is expensive, I don't even bother to claim warranty for the smaller items. HK stuff is worth considering if you know what you want and you have an order for a great number of stuff.

For items needed for just a plane, I think it would better to get them from our local shop. In my own opinion only, hor.

Comment

Do you already have a Transmitter which can be programmed to work elevons, which is a combination of elevator for pitch control and ailerons for roll control, using the same set of control surfaces controlled by the 2 servos.

Comment

Working...
                    X