Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to nitro plane

Hi, i just brought ZLIN 50L 70EP from jet hobby.

I planning for a nitro set up. So i will like to seek advices from you guys.

1. what size of engine will i need?

2. what are the other things i need for nitro set up.

3. Thing that i already got: (i use to play nitro cars long ago)

3.1 Glow Starter.

3.2 Engine Starter.

I will really appreciate all the reply from you guys. Thanks!

flying weight is 5.17lbs, so you might want to try .40 to .55 size 2 stroke.

It is an EP ARF, so you might need to do some reinforcing of the firewall area and oil proof areas that might have oil seeping in. Reinforce any spurs supporting the firewall to make sure there is sufficient glue surface to support the engine vibration.

Also watch out for any CG changes, since Nitro engine tends to be heavier than motors, depending on where they design to place the battery pack.

EP tends to have more torque, so the planes tends to take off with a shorter run. Conversion to nitro, you might need to check if your wheels can cope with a longer run, especially if the runway is an uneven grass field.

Glow starter is the VIP. Engine starter is a "good to have" for safety.

Other than that 2, you need the other usual stuff like nitro fuel, fuel pump and cleaning stuff to wipe your aircraft (e.g. kitchen wipes or glass cleaner with kitchen roll/cloth). Tools like cross-wrench is a must have.

Every flyer has their own must have list and will give you different opinion on how to convert the plane. You will need to decide for yourself what works best for your flying style.

Good Luck with the conversion.
    huh

Comment

Working...
    X