Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to flight..

Hi guys, im new to this hobby and have been flying toy heli for some time. and so i was tinking of flying a plane. I understand that as a newbie i will need to fly a beginner plane, so i bought a sky surfer with all the motor, props, esc and servos.

My question is, what kind of tx and rx should i get as im a newbie into this? what about battery and charger? and particular batt and charger that will go well with my sky surfer? please advise.

Thank you!
    "..If you fail, don't fret. Just remember that even a plane go against the wind.."

For a start maybe you can get a Spektrum DX6 ( do explore your options like JR or Futaba or any other TX ) chose which mode of control you like ( mode 1 or 2 ) with a new or 2nd hand full range receiver within your budget and 1 or 2 of those 3s 2200mah 20 or 30c discharge will do . As for charger there are many types and i'm not familiar with them as until now i am still using my KDS power RC 6s to charge my 3s batteries so far so good .

If i'm wrong in any area , feel free to point out , cos i'm a noob too :P .

Comment

Originally posted by TWE75 View Post
      For a start maybe you can get a Spektrum DX6 ( do explore your options like JR or Futaba or any other TX ) chose which mode of control you like ( mode 1 or 2 ) with a new or 2nd hand full range receiver within your budget and 1 or 2 of those 3s 2200mah 20 or 30c discharge will do . As for charger there are many types and i'm not familiar with them as until now i am still using my KDS power RC 6s to charge my 3s batteries so far so good .

If i'm wrong in any area , feel free to point out , cos i'm a noob too :P .
      Hey thanx man.. so a 6ch will do right? ok, on the batteries.. a 3s 2200mah is good right? but what about the voltage? will 11.1v be good to use? i saw some 2nd hand tx n rx.. do u tink its fine to use a 2nd hand ones?
      "..If you fail, don't fret. Just remember that even a plane go against the wind.."

Comment

hey thanx man.. so a 6ch will do right?

6 ch will do fine for quite some time. by that time if you outgrow a 6 ch you probably are not a beginner anymore

ok, on the batteries.. a 3s 2200mah is good right?

you need a large enough plane la that is suited for 2200 mah. maybe other ppl that fly sky surfer can tell u more

but what about the voltage? will 11.1v be good to use?

generally beginners use 3s which is 11.1 v batts. generally. some ppl still use 2s which is 7 - 8 v but I rarely see them nowadays.

i saw some 2nd hand tx n rx.. do u tink its fine to use a 2nd hand ones?

depends on your luck but if you got an experiencel pal to help you test then the probablity of getting a lemon is less. but why take the risk? buy new ones la
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Don't worry abt the 3s 2200 batts . Aerosmith actually recomend my friend to get it when he bought his sky surfer from them . So its no problem to use it . If you still worry , why not ask the aerosmith guys at fook hai to put your heart at ease .

As for tx , i would recomend getting a new one too if its within your budget . And please learn how to position your batt for the sky surfer to get the correct cg , else would most likely crash .

Comment

Working...
          X