Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed on brushless ESC

bought a j3 piper cub and want to upgrade to brushless.. but the tactic ESC that comes with the plane isnt compatible. pls suggest a ESC that is compatible with tactic reciever and transmitter??? my friend give me AE-25a also cannot leh.

cant even move the servos

and i dnt know how the ESC and the brushless works.. like how is it different to brush motors?? i read some online but cant understand cause im not an electrical person.

i understand theres some programming need to be done to the esc.. why?

Comment

The main physical difference is that a brushless ESC has 3 connectors (to the motor) instead of the 2 for a brushed ESC. Otherwise, the way you rig up a brushless ESC is much the same as for a brushed. Just connect the three connectors from the ESC to the three on the motor in any order. If the motor is running in the wrong direction, just swap any two connectors around.

As for the programming, many brushless ESC will allow a variety of motor parameters to be set eg. brake, throttle end points, motor type, timing, etc etc. These are done either by connection to a PC or via some kind of dongle device and they are to customise the setup for improved performance with the specific motor you are using and the type of model you are flying eg. glider, hot liner etc. The more advanced ESCs will even allow data logging and downloading, allowing you to study parameters like current draw, rpm, temperature etc etc during flight.
      To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

thhanks!!! how about my tactic reciever and transmitter??

does it work with any esc?? cause i tried a random 25a esc my friend gave me.. cant even move the servos

Comment

Your ESC is only connected to your radio system by way of a connector to the throttle channel of your receiver. The receiver treats the ESC much like a throttle servo. The difference is that if your ESC provides BEC power then the ESC provides energy to power the receiver ie you do not need a separate receiver battery to power the receiver. If your ESC does not provide BEC power, then you will have to connect a receiver battery to any unused channel on the receiver to provide the power for the receiver to operate.

So check if your ESC provides BEC power. If you do have BEC power and the receiver is still not operating, check if you have connected the ESC to the throttle channel correctly eg. have you inserted the throttle connector the wrong way around - a very common problem.

Othewise, suggest you bring it down to the field and get a knowledgeable person to trouble shoot your system.
          To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

i see.. thx!!

now my friend tried using the ESC he gave me and it works.

now my question is does any ESC work with any receiver? because frm what i know the "Tactic" reciever i have is quite low end cause it comes with the package of j3 piper club tgt with transmitter

Comment

Working...
            X