Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of my BF 109

Maiden my beautiful BF 109 on Saturday and it was successful event though this plane will always turn left when you take off, seems like the actual plane has this characteristic too, simply difficult to take off and land.

Second flight another successful flying and the 3rd one I get this

I've no idea what happen, the plane just go crazy upon taking off. Will have to retire the plane for a while until I get a new fuselage for it.

I've always love Parkzone plane but this one, really slow, much slower than my Wildcat and my friend lanyu P51 but when you fly it on eye level, this plane looks so so beautiful....

Don't feel so bad about it. You can always epoxy it together and get it up in the air again.

Comment

Originally posted by goot View Post
      Don't feel so bad about it. You can always epoxy it together and get it up in the air again.
      done that and dip in warm water to straighten it too but I think the firewall gone case, cause now the motor angle is pointing down thus the motor can't turn as the propeller will hit the bottom part of the fuselage.

Comment

If it's the plastic cowling that's bent, we've got stocks for it.
        However if it's the foam, i'm afraid only a new fuselage will solve that
        [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
        [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by RadioControl-Sports View Post
          If it's the plastic cowling that's bent, we've got stocks for it.
          However if it's the foam, i'm afraid only a new fuselage will solve that
          No idea, need to check further. But can order a new fuselage and canopy from you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by boliao7378 View Post
            Maiden my beautiful BF 109 on Saturday and it was successful event though this plane will always turn left when you take off, seems like the actual plane has this characteristic too, simply difficult to take off and land.

Second flight another successful flying and the 3rd one I get this

I've no idea what happen, the plane just go crazy upon taking off. Will have to retire the plane for a while until I get a new fuselage for it.

I've always love Parkzone plane but this one, really slow, much slower than my Wildcat and my friend lanyu P51 but when you fly it on eye level, this plane looks so so beautiful....
            Sorry to learn of the fate of your BF109.

It wanting to turn left on takeoff is a result of torque roll particularly famous with warbirds. Some flyers will handlaunch with much lower power and then accelerate when the plane is airborne to minimise this effect.

Looks very repairable from your photo. Firewalls can also be reconstructed with balsa wood or foam. You should rebuild this plane to fly her around some more. Get a new replacement after that so that the new one will remain intact longer.

Comment

Originally posted by BullTerrier View Post
              Sorry to learn of the fate of your BF109.

It wanting to turn left on takeoff is a result of torque roll particularly famous with warbirds. Some flyers will handlaunch with much lower power and then accelerate when the plane is airborne to minimise this effect.

Looks very repairable from your photo. Firewalls can also be reconstructed with balsa wood or foam. You should rebuild this plane to fly her around some more. Get a new replacement after that so that the new one will remain intact longer.
              Yah bro, I intend to do that once I have to time to do so, love the design of this plane so won't give it up so easily .

One thing for sure, Parkzone propeller super durable man, so many times had bad landing yet the propeller still intact.

Comment

No idea, need to check further. But can order a new fuselage and canopy from you guys?
                Yes, let me know which exact parts is required once you have done a check
                [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
                [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

Yah bro, I intend to do that once I have to time to do so, love the design of this plane so won't give it up so easily .

One thing for sure, Parkzone propeller super durable man, so many times had bad landing yet the propeller still intact.
                  There may be an issue with the thrust angle after you repair the firewall. You won't know till you fly again; sometime it is so bad that it is un-flyable. This is due the fact that part of the foam structure is compressed and out of shape. It best best that you purchase another fuselage.

Comment

Originally posted by gpsnuts View Post
                    There may be an issue with the thrust angle after you repair the firewall. You won't know till you fly again; sometime it is so bad that it is un-flyable. This is due the fact that part of the foam structure is compressed and out of shape. It best best that you purchase another fuselage.
                    Yap yap, planning too do that bro, once after I move house and settle down..

Comment

sad

wah sad to see that bro..its the nicest 109s i've seen flying,, a friend of mind had one i always see it fly with envy..
                      In The Hangar
                      BH - SU26M - OS Powered
                      BH - Edge 540 V3 50cc
                      In The Dock
                      Carbonic Boats - Light Ice IOM - Wind Powered
                      In The Garage
                      JQ The Car Yellow Edition - Novarossi

FLY IT, SAIL IT AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Comment

Working...
                      X