Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSX7 Channel Mix Programming

Hi,
    Appreciate very much if anyone will let me how to do a throttle to elevator mix on the DSX7 TX. Do give a step by step procedure as I am quite unsavy.

My scratch built plane tends to nose up severly when throttled up, and I am hoping to program the elevator to compensate.

Thanks.

Try adding down thrust on the motor mount.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudflyer View Post
      Hi,
      Appreciate very much if anyone will let me how to do a throttle to elevator mix on the DSX7 TX. Do give a step by step procedure as I am quite unsavy.

My scratch built plane tends to nose up severly when throttled up, and I am hoping to program the elevator to compensate.

Thanks.
      I believe this is found under Programmable Mixing 1-6. (Page 57)

Master-->Slave (Throttle-->Elevator)
      RATE: 10% (example)
      OFFSET: 20% (example) (your elevator won't move until you pass 20% throttle).

My suggestion is to put this mixing on a switch. In the event you mix it wrongly, you can turn off this mixing.

PLEASE DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR PROP OR BETTER STILL, DISCONNECT YOUR MOTOR WIRES!

Comment

Thanks to both for your advice.

Dennis,
        What does the 10% rate means?
        There are actually 2 settings under rate, can it be the first refers to the master channel and the second referes to the slave?
        Thanks for your patience.

Cheers.

Comment

Thanks to both for your advice.

Dennis,
          What does the 10% rate means?
          There are actually 2 settings under rate, can it be the first refers to the master channel and the second referes to the slave?
          Thanks for your patience.

Cheers.
          10% would mean at full throttle the elevator only compensate 10% of the full elevator travel.
          EG: Full elevator travel = 10mm, 10% would be about 1mm of elevator.

The 2 rates are normally up and down.
          Eg: ailerons have left and right. The 2 rates would mean left and right rudder. IE: aileron --> rudder mixing.

Comment

Thanks Dennis.
            Will give it a try.
            Cheers.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks.
              You will be flying with elevator down drag when powering up then if u do this. A much better approach would be to do what bro Remauled suggested which is to set some down angle to your motor.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.

I have got the plane flying properly by adjusting the elevator pushrod to provide a slight nose down on increased throttle. Solution was so simple, I'd have to kick myself.

At the same time, I wanted to know more about and experiment with program mixing to find out what it is really about. Can't find much information from the manual.

Any way to find out more?

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X