Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff between Parkzone, FMS and J-power mini T28

Hi all

Got a question on the above planes. So far I havent flown any of them, but have been flying the Parkzone T-28D on the Phoenix simulator. It seems pretty easy to fly and control. Does anybody have any experience with the above plane from diff manufacturers? Do they all fly the same?

Also I've been practicing on the sim for abt a week now, and have been able to fly the Parkzone T-28 and land it consistently without crashing. Is it recommended to go and fly the real thing? Will be my first plane

The LHS recommended trainer planes like SkySurfer and Cessna, but I dont want to end up buying a plane that I'll get bored of after awhile. So was wondering if I can fly on the sim decently, should I buy the T-28 straight?

NB: I've practised on the trainer planes in the sim, like the Hobbyzone SuperCub LP and the Multiplex Easystar, but these seemed abit boring after flying awhile, plus they dont have aerilon controls so the plane doesnt feel so nice to fly.

Thx

Originally posted by filtered View Post
    Hi all

Got a question on the above planes. So far I havent flown any of them, but have been flying the Parkzone T-28D on the Phoenix simulator. It seems pretty easy to fly and control. Does anybody have any experience with the above plane from diff manufacturers? Do they all fly the same?

Also I've been practicing on the sim for abt a week now, and have been able to fly the Parkzone T-28 and land it consistently without crashing. Is it recommended to go and fly the real thing? Will be my first plane

The LHS recommended trainer planes like SkySurfer and Cessna, but I dont want to end up buying a plane that I'll get bored of after awhile. So was wondering if I can fly on the sim decently, should I buy the T-28 straight?

NB: I've practised on the trainer planes in the sim, like the Hobbyzone SuperCub LP and the Multiplex Easystar, but these seemed abit boring after flying awhile, plus they dont have aerilon controls so the plane doesnt feel so nice to fly.

Thx
    LHS is right. Cessna, Estarter high wing type is the way to go.

Simulator does give you a false sense of security. It is good to practise but dun count it as experience, it will be different. The PZ T-28 definitely not for beginner and definitely not as first plane.
    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Ok bro, I share with you my experience. I have a Phoenix simulator too and I too can fly the warbird without any problem. I actually find it easy to fly.

But listen to the LHS advise, get Sky Surfer and try to perfect your turning and correcting your turning, stabilizing your plane, trimming while flying and so on.

Forget about warbird yet reason being:-

1) Did you activate wind in your Phoenix? If you didn't you should. Even when you active your wind in Phoenix, real life wind is different.

2) All those plane in Phoenix are PERFECTLY tune. When you throttle to take off or hand launch it, it seems perfect. In real life, it's not at all.

3) CG - do you understand your CG? A lot of time (what I believe) when beginner crash their plane on take off is because they do not check their CG properly. Just dump any batter in there and get tail or head too heavy. Head heavy at least you still can land, but tail heavy for beginner. confirm crash

4) Will you want to invest in a plane and crash it and have to get a new one or invest in a trainer plane which are specifically design to help beginner?

Just some advise from a beginner who used to have the same thinking as you.

Anyway, if you still want to go for warbird, go for Parkzone, get T-28D or the WildCat. They are good plane even though on the expensive side. Also they provide good information like the setting for low and high throw which products like J Power and FMS don't. Those setting will help to tame your warbird or something like that lah.

Enjoy flying bro.

Hi all

Thx

Comment

I would heed the advice from the LHS. For a first starter plane, I would go for the cloud sky or the sky surfer. Nothing beats flying the real thing. You can practice a lot on the simulator but there's a lot of other variables at risk. Namely, the thought of crashing the plane and the work needed to fix it up / or value lost. That will definitely lead you to being a nervous wreak, plus the loud sound of the out runner motor or edf fan. Go for a pusher plane then slowly migrate to a warbird. A warbird is a totally different beast. It's a lot faster and you need to play with expo and dual rates in order to control it. You will soon realize that you need to have a few more planes when you go to the field to practice, in case you crash one.

Look for a plane that you can glide with. Also, if you are playing at OHR, it gets very gusty up there and it will be difficult to control. Don't go with the J-power mini T28, it's a very powerful and fast plane - definitely not for a beginner. I would try the FMS T28 mini (that's my personal favorite and 1st warbird). Its one rugged plane.. I hit the edge of a trailer on my landing approach and no damage. Parkzone should be good but it's way to expensive in my opinion for a first warbird / plane.

Comment

Oh yes, one thing to remember.. Go for a large wingspan plane. It's more stable in the air. Larger = stable, easier to handle. Small = twitchy, very fast.

Comment

Hi all

Thx
            Bro filtered,

If you want excitement, definitely go for the J-Power T-28...

Just joking... it is very fast and exciting, but perhaps not as a starter airplane. You can refer to some other thread here on this J-Power models to get more details.

I don't know about the Parkzone T-28, but it is the largest and the most expensive of the three brands that you mentioned.

Don't worry so much about starter airplanes like the Skysurfer and Cessna being boring. There's lot of challenges once you factor in realistic weather and wind (and sometimes, audience!).

Once you master the basics, you can work on more challenging maneuvers, touch-and-go, slow and low pass flight, etc. - all on the same "starter" airplane.
            ------------------------------
            Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
            NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Hi all

Thx
              Start it right...slowly but surely. You may get bored flying around doing figure 8 but landing it nicely and where you want it to be will take some time especially on the real thing. Fly inverted 8s also!
              Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Another thing, if you are willing to spend but not willing to buy sky surfer (because might be boring after a while). Can I recommend you to Flyzone Switch.

The only store in Singapore selling this (must pre-order) would be NTC at Fook Hai building. I think they are selling it at about $450 to $500 plus.

I bought mine from TowerHobbies a US based HS and pay about $300 plus for them after getting US$180 discount (I bought other stuff too)

This plane allow you to practice in high wings (good for beginner). Once you are better, you can switch the wings to mid wings (that's where the name Switch comes in).

This plane is very durable. My friend basically crash it head on and nothing serious happen to it. But the landing gear kind of sucks, it bend quite easily but you can always bend them back.

RAJASLOTO menawarkan beragam pilihan permainan slot online dengan jackpot besar dan RTP tinggi, dilengkapi dengan sistem keamanan canggih untuk memberikan pengalaman bermain yang aman dan menyenangkan.

Comment

Thx all for the replies.

For the Phoenix sim, I been flying with wind on, at brisk setting...so far quite confident in flying and landing it....but ya maybe the plane is setup perfectly in sims....could be diff in real life.

LHS also had a micro version of the Parkzone T28, which was a BnF, that one they said ok for beginners, but the plane looked very light and flimsy....dunno if gt wind whether will be blown away.....hahahha

Anyway off topic, when you guys fly, do you use much of the rudder? I find that 99% of the time I'm just relying on aerilons to steer the plane, and very minimal rudder input. Not sure if this is the correct way

Comment

Bro, don't waste your money on those micro plane yet. They are fun but definitely not a first plane. Maybe you can get a Sky Surfer + the micro plane? That would be slightly more than getting 1 Parkzone warbird. Get the Mustang one. It's fun and yes, when it's windy, its difficult to fly them. Flyable, but difficult due to the wind.

If you really really want to go for warbird and confident you can do it, I would say, go for it. I always believe in this "It's ok to try and fail than to grow old and regret it" LOL.

Parkzone is an expensive product comparing to FMS and JPower, but they are a quality product. The warbird that you can consider would be, T-28D, Wildcat or Corsair.

But you can also consider getting 2 FMS warbirds (for the price of 1 Parkzone warbird). So when you crash and burn one, you still have another one. Do remember that you can repair your bird when you crash, ie just perform surgery on them and they are ready to fly again.

Hope you get started flying (real flying) soon, it's fun and the only sucks thing is, I never get enough flying time

Thx all for the replies.

For the Phoenix sim, I been flying with wind on, at brisk setting...so far quite confident in flying and landing it....but ya maybe the plane is setup perfectly in sims....could be diff in real life.

LHS also had a micro version of the Parkzone T28, which was a BnF, that one they said ok for beginners, but the plane looked very light and flimsy....dunno if gt wind whether will be blown away.....hahahha

Anyway off topic, when you guys fly, do you use much of the rudder? I find that 99% of the time I'm just relying on aerilons to steer the plane, and very minimal rudder input. Not sure if this is the correct way

Comment

Ok from what I observed, some people don't like to use rudder, just aileron while some swear that you should use both. I've seen old timer who have been flying for decades do not use rudder at all.

From what I've read, turning with Aileron and Rudder will give you a smoother turning. Which I agree.

For me, I mix my aileron and rudder so when I turn my aileron, my rudder will turn too. I find my turning is smoother and I like it.

I guess there are no right or wrong, as long as you can control your plane well.

Thx all for the replies.

Comment

Micro planes don't handle wind very well. Be warned, I tried a couple before I settled with a hobbyzone champ. Thise micros are quite flimsy and are not strong enuf for knocks or crashes. Get those bigger 800mm t28 from FmS. It's even cheaper than a parkzone but you need to get your own receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by boliao7378 View Post
                          Bro, don't waste your money on those micro plane yet. They are fun but definitely not a first plane. Maybe you can get a Sky Surfer + the micro plane? That would be slightly more than getting 1 Parkzone warbird. Get the Mustang one. It's fun and yes, when it's windy, its difficult to fly them. Flyable, but difficult due to the wind.

If you really really want to go for warbird and confident you can do it, I would say, go for it. I always believe in this "It's ok to try and fail than to grow old and regret it" LOL.

Parkzone is an expensive product comparing to FMS and JPower, but they are a quality product. The warbird that you can consider would be, T-28D, Wildcat or Corsair.

But you can also consider getting 2 FMS warbirds (for the price of 1 Parkzone warbird). So when you crash and burn one, you still have another one. Do remember that you can repair your bird when you crash, ie just perform surgery on them and they are ready to fly again.

Hope you get started flying (real flying) soon, it's fun and the only sucks thing is, I never get enough flying time
                          thx bro...wanted to buy a plane last wk alrdy, went down to JH and wanted to get the Sky Surfer at first, but they were out of stock for batteries.....then see all the warbirds there make me gian....hahhaha

Comment

Originally posted by goot View Post
                            Micro planes don't handle wind very well. Be warned, I tried a couple before I settled with a hobbyzone champ. Thise micros are quite flimsy and are not strong enuf for knocks or crashes. Get those bigger 800mm t28 from FmS. It's even cheaper than a parkzone but you need to get your own receiver.
                            Ya when I opened the box in the shop, the whole plane was very light and flimsy, and feels like can kena blown away if I as much as sneeze.

Got my own TX and RX alrdy so maybe might look at the FMS one

Comment

Hi bro what battery size are u buying? I fly mine with 2200 3c and the CG perfect.

thx bro...wanted to buy a plane last wk alrdy, went down to JH and wanted to get the Sky Surfer at first, but they were out of stock for batteries.....then see all the warbirds there make me gian....hahhaha

Comment

Working...
                              X