Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own the FMS T28 1400mm (Big Warbird)?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone own the FMS T28 1400mm (Big Warbird)?

Those of you who bought the FMS T28 1400mm (Big Warbird), please let me know if you like it and what's your setup? Are you able to hand launch it? Where do you fly?

Originally posted by goot View Post
    Those of you who bought the FMS T28 1400mm (Big Warbird), please let me know if you like it and what's your setup? Are you able to hand launch it? Where do you fly?
    Hi and erm .. you cannot handlaunch this warbird because it is big. Anyway it has retractable landing gear so really takeoff and landing should be on the ground.

It should be powered by a 4s battery, and size should be between 3000 and 4000 mah, with the lower size battery to be pushed forward to get the right CG.

This is a really nice warbird and it flies beautifully, even at half throttle. Just watch the landing, you need some throttle on touchdown or the plane will come down heavily, and you might damage the landing gear.

Takeoff at full power with flaps down should take between 5 to 6m, but it can takeoff even on short grass, as long as the ground is level.
    Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by kiply View Post
      Hi and erm .. you cannot handlaunch this warbird because it is big. Anyway it has retractable landing gear so really takeoff and landing should be on the ground.

It should be powered by a 4s battery, and size should be between 3000 and 4000 mah, with the lower size battery to be pushed forward to get the right CG.

This is a really nice warbird and it flies beautifully, even at half throttle. Just watch the landing, you need some throttle on touchdown or the plane will come down heavily, and you might damage the landing gear.

Takeoff at full power with flaps down should take between 5 to 6m, but it can takeoff even on short grass, as long as the ground is level.
      Why do u need a 4S setup for the FMS 1.4M warbird? Lanyu 1.4M F4U only requires a 3S setup...more servos for the FMS verson?

Comment

Originally posted by Caine View Post
        Why do u need a 4S setup for the FMS 1.4M warbird? Lanyu 1.4M F4U only requires a 3S setup...more servos for the FMS verson?
        I understand that the FMS have 12 servos.

Comment

Hi Kiply, Thanks for sharing! Where do you fly this warbird since you can't handlaunch it? I usually fly at Tampines but can't find a place to take off except for the road which is quite dangerous due to the trailer and the trees plus cars. Great to hear that it can take off from the grass though.

Did you get the kit or the PNP version? I'm thinking of getting the red/white version as the silver one looks pretty hard to see in the sky I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by goot View Post
            Hi Kiply, Thanks for sharing! Where do you fly this warbird since you can't handlaunch it? I usually fly at Tampines but can't find a place to take off except for the road which is quite dangerous due to the trailer and the trees plus cars. Great to hear that it can take off from the grass though.

Did you get the kit or the PNP version? I'm thinking of getting the red/white version as the silver one looks pretty hard to see in the sky I feel.
            I fly this plane at Tuas, where there plenty open spaces to go full speed, and the pavements make excellent runways. But sometimes the cross winds can be a killer, so need to be careful.

Previous poster questioned why the need for 4s. Seriously for me, I just follow the recommended specs, and since I have the 4s batteries, it doesn't hurt But you can try with 3s if you want. This is a heavy plane , so I think its always better to have a bit more power to be on the safe side.

Please kindly stay off the pavements for take offs at Tampines, there's simply too many public activity there. As long as the grass is short and the ground level, you can take off and land from the field.

I got the PnP version, the electronics are sufficient. Bear in mind though this plane uses 12 servos I think, not to mention 5 LEDs. The kiasu side of me insists on using a BEC.
            Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I fly this plane at Tuas, where there plenty open spaces to go full speed, and the pavements make excellent runways. But sometimes the cross winds can be a killer, so need to be careful.

Previous poster questioned why the need for 4s. Seriously for me, I just follow the recommended specs, and since I have the 4s batteries, it doesn't hurt But you can try with 3s if you want. This is a heavy plane , so I think its always better to have a bit more power to be on the safe side.

Please kindly stay off the pavements for take offs at Tampines, there's simply too many public activity there. As long as the grass is short and the ground level, you can take off and land from the field.

I got the PnP version, the electronics are sufficient. Bear in mind though this plane uses 12 servos I think, not to mention 5 LEDs. The kiasu side of me insists on using a BEC.
              Been to tampines field recently,...is someone trying "to make" a landing strip on the right side of the field..i.e. the side closer to the quary...seen someone laying down tarps along the edge of the field...

Comment

Which part of Tuas do you fly?

Comment

Hi dloh, I've been to OHR and there's a stretch of canvas where I see planes trying to take off from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Caine View Post
                    The Lanyu 1.4M F4U uses 810kv motor, The FMS 1.4M war birds use either 500kv or 600kv motor.

The Lanyu flyies slowly with stock setup. I changed the ESC and use 4S to get good speed.

Comment

Hi dloh, I've been to OHR and there's a stretch of canvas where I see planes trying to take off from there.

Comment

Originally posted by gpsnuts View Post
                        The Lanyu 1.4M F4U uses 810kv motor, The FMS 1.4M war birds use either 500kv or 600kv motor.

The Lanyu flyies slowly with stock setup. I changed the ESC and use 4S to get good speed.
                        Hi GPSnuts, I thought higher kv motor has more power/speed.. newbie here.

Comment

High KV does not always mean high power although it does mean high rpm per volt.

The stock setup of the Lanyu big bird use 30A ESC. The measured input current is about 28A when use with fully charged 3S battery. When I switched to 60A ESC. I can get 35A of current draw from the 3S battery. The peak rpm also goes up. This means the stock ESC is not supplying enough current to the motor. When I plug in the 4S battery, the peak current is 45A.

So far, I played with only the ESC and the battery.

Caution: I do not think the stock ESC is capable of 4S.

Comment

Ah ok, but I feel that's a little strange that the stock ESC kind of limits the max current drawn somewhat. I do understand that the rating of the ESC means allowable continuous current drawn.

Back to this big warbird, how heavy is it full loaded with a 3000mAH 4S? How do you guys transport this bird - can you remove the wings prior and place it in the boot? Can it fit into an MPV with wings attached?

Originally posted by gpsnuts View Post
                            High KV does not always mean high power although it does mean high rpm per volt.

The stock setup of the Lanyu big bird use 30A ESC. The measured input current is about 28A when use with fully charged 3S battery. When I switched to 60A ESC. I can get 35A of current draw from the 3S battery. The peak rpm also goes up. This means the stock ESC is not supplying enough current to the motor. When I plug in the 4S battery, the peak current is 45A.

So far, I played with only the ESC and the battery.

Caution: I do not think the stock ESC is capable of 4S.

Comment

To all those you have this plane or any of the FMS 1400mm warbirds, how do you transport your plane? Can you disassemble the wing portion and put it in the boot? I guess 1400mm is too big for my MPV.. lol maybe should get a van instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X