Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need one receiver for each plane?

Hi Guys,

I have Spektrum DX6i TX and it allow me to set up to 10 models. Currently I have 3 planes with me. Do I need to purchase 3 RXs for each of the plane so that I can bind them to my TX and maintain different settings?

Or I can just have one RX and bind it to the TX and set different model?

I've tried doing that but seems like that RX is still bind to mine Plane 1 settings, even though I bind again. How to I select the model in the TX, it keeps on showing Model 1 (which is my first plane model).

I want to have 3 models set in my TX as I do fly all the 3 of them thus I thought I can move the RX around.

Sorry guys, found it, its in the adjustment and not the setup menu... I go and follow the instructions but the instructions good for first setup only.

Originally posted by boliao7378 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have Spektrum DX6i TX and it allow me to set up to 10 models. Currently I have 3 planes with me. Do I need to purchase 3 RXs for each of the plane so that I can bind them to my TX and maintain different settings?

Or I can just have one RX and bind it to the TX and set different model?

I've tried doing that but seems like that RX is still bind to mine Plane 1 settings, even though I bind again. How to I select the model in the TX, it keeps on showing Model 1 (which is my first plane model).

I want to have 3 models set in my TX as I do fly all the 3 of them thus I thought I can move the RX around.

Comment

Sorry guys, found it, its in the adjustment and not the setup menu... I go and follow the instructions but the instructions good for first setup only.
      While you can move Rx from plane to plane, it is much better not to do so. Aside from risking damaging the Rx pins with constant inserting and taking out of the connectors when you are moving Rx across planes, do note that you will trim and set up each plane different e.g. reversing of servos, trim and also travel adjustments etc will all be different for different model planes you have. Its quite a pain to have to adjust it every time u switch Rxs around.

U dont need to put Rxs into every plane you own - maybe just those that you are flying often for the period of time e.g. 3-4 Rxs for 3-4 planes.

Comment

If you are using the Spektrum Tx, consider getting the Orange Rxs from HK which are priced only USD6.99 a pc. I got abt 8 of them and none has fail me yet.

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by BullTerrier View Post
          While you can move Rx from plane to plane, it is much better not to do so. Aside from risking damaging the Rx pins with constant inserting and taking out of the connectors when you are moving Rx across planes, do note that you will trim and set up each plane different e.g. reversing of servos, trim and also travel adjustments etc will all be different for different model planes you have. Its quite a pain to have to adjust it every time u switch Rxs around.

U dont need to put Rxs into every plane you own - maybe just those that you are flying often for the period of time e.g. 3-4 Rxs for 3-4 planes.
          hmmm dont know bout other model but my setup, trims, servo direction doesnt change when i change my rx from planes to planes. as long as i just change the model memory, put the rx and the trims are all there. wonder if only turnigy is that way or do other brands feature the same characteristic?

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
          sigpic

Comment

You are correct. The memory is in the Tx not the Rx. As long as you change the model selected and rebind you'll be good to go.

-David-

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubya View Post
              You are correct. The memory is in the Tx not the Rx. As long as you change the model selected and rebind you'll be good to go.

-David-
              Yap, the memory is in the TX. Now I can set 4 planes with different settings. Wonderful!!

Comment

If you have the budget, try to buy more receiver. I have 7 receivers in total. 3 of them are Spektum original, the other are orange from HK. When you buy from HK, try to buy the main unit plus the satellite. It is less than USD16 on last check.

Comment

Originally posted by gpsnuts View Post
                  If you have the budget, try to buy more receiver. I have 7 receivers in total. 3 of them are Spektum original, the other are orange from HK. When you buy from HK, try to buy the main unit plus the satellite. It is less than USD16 on last check.
                  Hi gpsnuts, can I know what is HK? is it an online store in Hong Kong? or some LHS by the name of HK. can't seems to find them...

Comment

Hi gpsnuts, can I know what is HK? is it an online store in Hong Kong? or some LHS by the name of HK. can't seems to find them...
                    LOL, Hobby King, don't know why I keep on thinking of Hong Kong, LOL

Comment

LOL, Hobby King, don't know why I keep on thinking of Hong Kong, LOL
                      Thats really funny man! wake up hoh wake up!

Comment

Working...
                      X