Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any Full Metal Construction Plane ARF in the market?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any Full Metal Construction Plane ARF in the market?

Hi,

would just like to know if theres any metal plane arf in the market?

Something like a titianium frame covered with alumininium sheetings for both fuselage and wings would be cool! That of cos wud be expensive but a hardened aluminiun frame with aluminium sheetings wud not be dat badly expensive but so far have not come across one yet.

Why would anyone need full metal plane ?

If it is due to thinking that a metal plane will handle a crash better, then i really think this is not wise cos when repairs do need to come in , the metal plane will be even more horrible to repair.

And not to mention that it will greatly increase the risk of rc plane flying as any unintended crash will become a danger moment for anyone near the plane.

For me, i think fibreglass or carbon fibre planes are the way ahead for RC.
    They have the strength, without the sting in dollars and r perceived less dangerous

Comment

for scale purpose

well for scale purpose, a full metal plane will be definitely more scale-like, therefore i would say its for the beauty of it. Of coz as u said carbon fibre and fibre glass is good enough for strength, well for sports planes of coz whats most important is how it handle n perform, but for scale planes, looks is the factor. Imagine if you have 4 x P-51 side by side, 1 balsa, 1 foam, 1 composite n 1 metal, which will stand out among the crowd? Especially if the silver part of the P-51 is not from paint or covering but from the aluminium chrome material on the plane itself

So far ive only come across them here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709188 this metal planes are scratch built by an ang moh. Never seen any similar arf on sale before.

Comment

Originally posted by beefncake View Post
        well for scale purpose, a full metal plane will be definitely more scale-like, therefore i would say its for the beauty of it. Of coz as u said carbon fibre and fibre glass is good enough for strength, well for sports planes of coz whats most important is how it handle n perform, but for scale planes, looks is the factor. Imagine if you have 4 x P-51 side by side, 1 balsa, 1 foam, 1 composite n 1 metal, which will stand out among the crowd? Especially if the silver part of the P-51 is not from paint or covering but from the aluminium chrome material on the plane itself

So far ive only come across them here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709188 this metal planes are scratch built by an ang moh. Never seen any similar arf on sale before.

I would say...Metal ARD (almost ready to display)...

Comment

Can build a regular plane, then cover with Coverite Presto covering. Shows up chrome. Can me made to look weathered, and can also impress rivit marks.

If you plan to fly it, don't build it out of metal.

Peter

Comment

Working...
          X