Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Models Sky Link EP - Anyone try this plane before?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Models Sky Link EP - Anyone try this plane before?

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to this hobby but would like to start picking it up seriously. I'm looking for a trainer plane or I guess they call it a begineer plane and fall in love with World Models Sky Link EP (With Brushless Motor). I prefer not to have those EPO kind of plane but those fbricated with balsa and plyhood due to more quality in workmanship (I'm sucker for detail, and had my E-Starter)

Anyone fly this plane before, can share your experience with it? Is it ok for beginner?

Also, I will be flying in a field (grass uneven ground), but was told that I should not put the landing gear as it will cause the plane to flip over and break when it land.

But when I did that with my e-Starter it break my propeller when it land without landing gear. So I'm confused, what do you expect thing?

I will be getting a simulator for me to practice any recommendation?

Also, if you want to recommend other plane for beginner please do and I appreciate but I prefer those constructed in balsa and plywood. I like my plane to look nice .

Hi,

I've no knowledge of the Sky Link. However, since you are a beginner, I'm afraid the Sky Link isn't going to look nice for long. Expect to crash. And balsa isn't easy to repair.

Strongly suggest you look beyond aesthetics and get something that will help you build up your competency quickly. I learned flying on a Cloudsfly and I'd recommend it or someting similar in design. Its a floater, has its motor at the top and pointing back. So it is higly unlikely any harm will come to it. Its also large enough to be quite visible in the sky and that helps with orientation.

Most importantly, try to find someone competent to guide you. Fly on a buddy box - its the best way to get more 'airtime' and lesser 'repair time'.

Fly safe. All the best!

Comment

Oh, and stay with EPO. Easiest to repair. Just use glue/epoxy. If its out of shape, dip it in hot (close to boiling) water and it should revert to close to its original shape with some help from you.

Comment

Anyone fly this plane before, can share your experience with it? Is it ok for beginner?

I do not have this plane, but looking at it, it is ideal as your 2nd plane, assuming you can control your first plane properly.

Also, I will be flying in a field (grass uneven ground), but was told that I should not put the landing gear as it will cause the plane to flip over and break when it land.

Yes, bad landings will break landing gears.

But when I did that with my e-Starter it break my propeller when it land without landing gear. So I'm confused, what do you expect thing?

Some props do break when you hit the ground badly. It is normal. That's why we use spares or prop savers.

Great, go ahead. Practice more.

Also, if you want to recommend other plane for beginner please do and I appreciate but I prefer those constructed in balsa and plywood. I like my plane to look nice

I totally agree with you. But if you no skill to pilot your nice looking plane, the nice looking plane would no longer be a plane for long but rather a pile of wood chips.

So, practice your skillz on e-starter. Until you can fly figure 8, fly circles, inverted, land nearby, fly far away, etc etc, don't even put this plane up ALONE.
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

I used to own this before. It was a twitchy little plane and I would not recommend it for beginner. The built quality I would also say not that 'good' as some critical places like firewall & wing support are not built strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by boliao7378 View Post
            Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to this hobby but would like to start picking it up seriously. I'm looking for a trainer plane or I guess they call it a begineer plane and fall in love with World Models Sky Link EP (With Brushless Motor). I prefer not to have those EPO kind of plane but those fbricated with balsa and plyhood due to more quality in workmanship (I'm sucker for detail, and had my E-Starter)

Also, if you want to recommend other plane for beginner please do and I appreciate but I prefer those constructed in balsa and plywood. I like my plane to look nice .
            Hey!...Is that a folding prop..?

Comment

Yes, many of the World Model plane comes with folding propeller.
              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Thanks experts for your advise, I really appreciate that.

Guess I will stay with my e-starter for a while. Sorry lah, it's a designer problem lah, everything also must be well design Not trying to show off just like my things to look good

Just now when down to grab a brushless motor for my e-starter, the guy recommended me to purchase this more expensive brushless motor. Me being a new bird thought it's ok but lucky one of the customer then spoke to the guy in chinese afterwhich the guy decided to offer me a cheaper alternative. I thanks the customer and he told me since I'm just flying e-starter I don't need such a strong motor.

If you are here, thank you so much.

Got the adapter for the simulator, tonight go back will test them, hope this guy don't play me out because I've told him what transmitter I'm using (actually bought it from the store).

Comment

get a SkySurfer .... no regret plane for beginner
                  ​​​Items for Sale:
                  ----------------------
                  TURNIGY 3~8S Voltage Detector

www.1-stop-rc.com

Comment

Working...
                  X