Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor or ESC

If I am 3 min into my flight (P-47 Wingspan 880 mm), and the motor seems to "missing a beat"...changes in the "tone" and thus losing power and the wire from the motor doesn't seem to be burn...and my battery is still pretty juiced up,..does it means something is wrong with my ESC? How to check if ESC is working fine? Normally when I plug the ESC to the batt, instead of a few musical beep from the motor it only gives one beep , dont know if thats the clue

Originally posted by dloh View Post
    If I am 3 min into my flight (P-47 Wingspan 880 mm), and the motor seems to "missing a beat"...changes in the "tone" and thus losing power and the wire from the motor doesn't seem to be burn...and my battery is still pretty juiced up,..does it means something is wrong with my ESC? How to check if ESC is working fine? Normally when I plug the ESC to the batt, instead of a few musical beep from the motor it only gives one beep , dont know if thats the clue
    Try using another ESC and try running the motor without the prop. This prolly give you a good indication where the problem lies.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
    BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Any Update?

Comment

Originally posted by sherchoo View Post
        Any Update?
        Just bought a 30A hobbywing ESC from Jethobby to replace that 20A HK ESC,.....much better,..in terms of pwr n performance...goes to show that u get what u paid for...again...bottomline....50% of electronics sold by HK...well...I would say be careful what u buy....I definately stick to kits if those are not avaliable in S'pore,...for motor..ESC..sometimes even servos (30% of nano servos I got from HK...broke after a few flights...servo's motor running by itself non stop..etc)....better get it at ur local hobby store...reliability is one thing,..tech support is another major issue to consider

Comment

Originally posted by dloh View Post
          Just bought a 30A hobbywing ESC from Jethobby to replace that 20A HK ESC,.....much better,..in terms of pwr n performance...goes to show that u get what u paid for...again...bottomline....50% of electronics sold by HK...well...I would say be careful what u buy....I definately stick to kits if those are not avaliable in S'pore,...for motor..ESC..sometimes even servos (30% of nano servos I got from HK...broke after a few flights...servo's motor running by itself non stop..etc)....better get it at ur local hobby store...reliability is one thing,..tech support is another major issue to consider
          Can share what you mean by "better power and performance"?

Comment

Originally posted by sherchoo View Post
            Can share what you mean by "better power and performance"?
            With the 20A ESC by HK, I am only getting 130 to 140W, power of motor fading in and out (losing thrust etc) after 3 mins of flying, checked the batt found that still has about 70% juice left. With Hobbywing 30A ESC, I am getting between 160 to 175W from the motor and no significant change in pwr of motor from the start to the end, HK ESC worked for about 3 flights b4 problems started, so right there is the difference in quality. BTW..using the same prop on both test 9x6, when u have a small plane, every little changes make a big difference.

Comment

Working...
            X