Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i learn glider and thermal with cloudsfly?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i learn glider and thermal with cloudsfly?

dont bash me up, bros...

I juz bought a cloudsfly and flew it abit... Can i know is it useful to learn thermal? Jus starting out... I think its wonderful to fly for 30mins on a lipo pack. I got barely 5mins from the same pack in my mini protos heli...
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
    dont bash me up, bros...

I juz bought a cloudsfly and flew it abit... Can i know is it useful to learn thermal? Jus starting out... I think its wonderful to fly for 30mins on a lipo pack. I got barely 5mins from the same pack in my mini protos heli...
    I used to fly cloudfly before, and this kit is responsible for hooking up for glider ever since.

Anyway, i think there should be no problem for you on learning thermal with cloudfly, basically all type of glider can.

Comment

Originally posted by throttle View Post
      I used to fly cloudfly before, and this kit is responsible for hooking up for glider ever since.

Anyway, i think there should be no problem for you on learning thermal with cloudfly, basically all type of glider can.
      I went down to OHR. A thread suggested an active community, but the place seemed dead... So sad. Nothing except old blue carpet runway...

Any timings where there are fellow rc pilots?
      Hanger
      Hirobo XRB SR Lama
      Hirobo Quark SRB
      Hirobo Quark SRB SG
      Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
      Blade450 3D
      MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
      COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
      Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
      FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
      Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
      HK FLYJET EDF
      Artech Skyfun
      Dynam P51D Mustang
      Parkzone P51

Tx:
      Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
      Spektrum DX6i
      DX8
      Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Elmosan,

Go through the forum and keep yourself updated on things happening. These few weeks are in the full swing of the National competition events and everybody is busy preparing thier models. As such, you may see less activities on the field.

Also, you have use your own hunting instinct as well. For serious thermalling, most thermal activities happens when the sun is bright and hot, especially after 11am. If you see cloudy skies, you may have to abandon your plan for the day. Thermal gliders are solar-powered.

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
          I went down to OHR. A thread suggested an active community, but the place seemed dead... So sad. Nothing except old blue carpet runway...

Any timings where there are fellow rc pilots?
          OHR is a dead town.. dun come :p
          so that i can have more air space..

old blue carpet? :p
          it is suppose to be new and we nailed it down recently so that it wun be blown topple again by the wind..

Comment

I usually fly at OHR on Sunday after 2 or so and there's usually quite a group of guys that come and go. Lately have to keep outta the way of some screaming Super EZ Star types putting on a flying circus. Last Sunday the thermals were abundant though fast moving. Flew my DLG 'till 6:30, specking it out a few times.

Note: Hooking thermals is HIGHLY addictive. Catch one and you'll soon be wanting that next "hit". You'll find yourself standing in an open field for hours, sunburned and dehydrated, staring up at the sky while your family wonders when your coming home. You've been warned!
            -David-

Comment

Yes, and I would compare that with deep sea fishing. You may not get any catch sometimes, but once you hooked up a Marlin, you'll keep coming back for it.

Flying powered planes is like doing pond fishing. Flying on simulator is like buying fish from market.

Comment

Lately the thermals have been plentiful and strong at OHR. Two weeks ago I had my EZ Star with me and in between chucking the DLG I had fun motoring it up to altitude and thermaling it. I was going for an hour flight on a 3S 2100 pack but only managed 48 minutes. This included 5 or 6 uses of the motor, after the plane came close to the ground, to get back to altitude. The rest of the time I was soaring. Even trimmed it out to fly big circles and flew hands off for many minutes while the Star flew happily beneath a big puffy cloud. Also did a 36 minute flight on a 3S 1750 pack.

-David-

Comment

Currently using 3S 2200mAh on CF and can fly >30mins with light throttling. I find it bit too nose heavy. Want to ask if there is any CF owner using lighter battery pack that meet C.G and sucessful to thermal?
                  Spektrum Dx6i Mode 2
                  GWS Slowstick
                  AXN Floater Jet

Comment

3S 2200mAh pack is too heavy for the CF. I fly my CF with a 1300mAh and 20g weight up in the nose. That is about 140g. Later I change to 1600mAh pack and the CG is at good location for thermal.

My CF now have led for night flying/gliding and four wheels for ROG/landing.
                    Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Vincopter, thanks for sharing. Will get some 1600mAh batteries to try out.
                      Spektrum Dx6i Mode 2
                      GWS Slowstick
                      AXN Floater Jet

Comment

Originally posted by rt9 View Post
                        OHR is a dead town.. dun come :p
                        so that i can have more air space..

old blue carpet? :p
                        it is suppose to be new and we nailed it down recently so that it wun be blown topple again by the wind..
                        Old blue carpet. I and my gang put it up.you know how much it cost.Nothing is free.
                        Heli

Align Trex 600N (Nitro ) Full Bling Gyro GY611. Governor
                        TJ Rev Max
                        Mini Titan SE
                        DJI Phantom Quad

Glider EP

TT Soaring Star (2M) Glider
                        Reichard Baracuda (3M) Glider
                        Mulitplex Easy Glider 4

Car
                        Kyosho 1/10 pitwork nitro car
                        Baja 5B SS 26cc gas engine with tune pipe

Nitro Plane

Sportman Aviation 50

Gas Plane Hokusei 300L 30cc Gas Plane
                        Goldwing Edge 540 50cc Gas Plane
                        Blackhorse Splitfire 120 size with DLE 20cc gas engine.
                        Sebart sukoi 30cc gas plane
                        Hokusai 30cc gas plane

Kyosho 40 size Splitfire Os 56size 4 stroke plane.
                        Hyperion Telios 90 Electric plane.
                        JR9XII 72.XXX MHZ
                        JR XG 14 DMSS
                        Futaba 14 MZ sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X