Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this BARD fly well ?

Any big difference as compared to Palatus 2.2m from Royal ?

Leo, why don't you bite the bullet and get something that is proven and flys well? We only have 1 season and if it flys well, you enjoy it again at the next season. If you get something that don't fly well, you again be unhappy with it on the next season. Joe has built it and flown it, check with him? Slope community is very small, you don't see bard on the slope do you?

Comment

Let's not be bias no one flying it doesn't mean not good. I had read mixed reviews about this bird. So if anyone had exp with this bird it will be good to hear. Afterall this is one more economical price and better looking glider which some beginneers to sloping may like to look at.

Comment

What kind of slope conditions will you be flying from?
        Last edited by joe yap; 01-02-2011, 10:09 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

How about bedok?

Comment

At Bedok conditions, you must really be selective of your model choices. The gradient of the slope and the wind strength is nothing like what you see on most oversea slope soaring sites. Our slope lift alone is pathetic and you can only fly relatively light models up to maybe say 20 metres high. It is the thermal lifts that are present at higher altitudes that push our models sky high, but that's provided your models are able to get to that thermalling height.

So, overseas reviews on slope soarers must be taken with a pinch of salt. You should see the the kind of slope thay usually fly from, from the pictures and videos they posted. You can't compare models fairly on different slope conditions.

I never fly the Bard before and I can't be 100% sure of it's flying charateristics. I built my Royal Pilatus B-4 a little heavier than I usually built but although I find it somewhat tricky to fly on weak lifts, I managed to fly it well over at Bedok Reservoir slope. I am sure it'll fly much better there if I can shed a few ounces by following the original servo installations.

However, I would suggest against any of these models for someone without much experiences on slope soaring. Small scale gliders usually are more tricky to fly than most sport gliders, unless heavily modified and deviated from thier scale features. If you are flying them from slopes like Sedili, they'll do extremely well, but that's the aerodynamic part. I am not comparing the structural design and worksmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by joed View Post
              How about bedok?

Try it at Sedili. As the saying goes.....even a piece of brick with wings will fly at Sedili

Comment

Nice comments. Look like I have hijacked this thread from Leo.

Happy New Year to all slopers & may the wind be all year round

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                  http://shop.singahobby.com/?q=node/15544
                  Any big difference as compared to Palatus 2.2m from Royal ?
                  Jonathan Bai an experienced slope flyer used to have one. I believe he felt it didn't fly very well at our slope. You can ask him for advice.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all comments.
                    May get mpx Cularis or Pilot Mace.
                    Happy Chinese New Year

Comment

Working...
                    X