Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tips on reinforcing motor mount

hi newbie here like to know how to reinforce the motor mount... i crash my plane and the motor mount broke.. i use 2 plywood n cut it in shape wif my fuselage but when i full throttle, the motor vibrate n the plywood n fuselage gave way... so how to make it more solid? thks..

A picture worth a thousand words.

Comment

Ken, without see what you're fixing, try some fiberglass and epoxy to reinforce both. But as Joe suggests, you might want to post a picture so we know what plane, what part & materials you're on about.
      sigpic
      ... Why does everything I think I need always come with batteries?
      John Mayer

Comment

im using iphone possibly cant upload the pics... epoxy n fiberglass been using that but the motor will vibrate at full throttle... will give way n have to epoxy again n again...

Comment

NPNT,

But have you checked your motor? Vibration doesn't often come from the motor mount as much as it does from the motor.

Comment

hmmm

try checking yr motor shaft for any bend or try changing a new prop. might not be balanced.

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
            sigpic

Comment

yup all tested.. no probs... the main reason is the fuselage... well ive already bought a new plane n have put the spoilt one in the store room already... need to have some ideas on how to reinforced but might take a while...

Comment

why not use the steel motor mounts from jet hobby? u can screw the thing into the ply wood and it will surely hold.

Comment

Working...
                X