Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rc plane spinner help needed.

Hi guys , new to this hobby . The small metal that holds the spinner/ propeller seems to be broken after quite a bad crash from quite some height.The piece of metal seems to move out of its original position and I cant get it back to the ceter position . Which is impossible for the plane to fly again. So any ideas of how should i fix it ? And is this a easy fix / cheap for me to get it replace? I have posted some pics of the problem for easier refrence. Thanks alot =)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56424523@N07/?saved=1 Picture can be seen here thanks =)

Comment

Hi, your motor shaft is bent.

Depending on what motor you are using, it may be possible to replace the motor shaft. Some of us have a few extras so if you ask your flying bros at your field nicely, i think you can get a free replacement.

Take note on replacing your motor shaft, this is the information you need to provide
      1. Motor shaft diameter
      2. if not, motor description.

dont try to run it or bend it back. may spoilt other parts in the motor eg magnets. That one hard to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
        Hi, your motor shaft is bent.

Depending on what motor you are using, it may be possible to replace the motor shaft. Some of us have a few extras so if you ask your flying bros at your field nicely, i think you can get a free replacement.

Take note on replacing your motor shaft, this is the information you need to provide
        1. Motor shaft diameter
        2. if not, motor description.

dont try to run it or bend it back. may spoilt other parts in the motor eg magnets. That one hard to replace.
        Thanks for the help . It's a begginer plane running on brushed motor if i'm not wrong . The specific model is Nine eagels flying eagle. May i know how much roughly it would cost if i have to service it at a shop? I got this plane yesterday at Rchobbies, it was my first flight should have not go so harsh on the trottle =(

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the picture of the motor. =)

Comment

[QUOTE=faberglass;493171]Thanks for the help . It's a begginer plane running on brushed motor if i'm not wrong . The specific model is Nine eagels flying eagle. May i know how much roughly it would cost if i have to service it at a shop? I got this plane yesterday at Rchobbies, it was my first flight should have not go so harsh on the trottle =([/QUOTE

Typo error , got it from Jet hobby rc model.

Comment

bro get a new motor easier

Comment

Yup. Will just get a new motor replacement haha. BTW can i use the current motor as spare ? as it is still in good working condition.

Comment

Niiiiice guitar.

-David-

Comment

Quick search shows repacement motor is part # NE4902004. I think Jet should be able to help you with this.

What you did was bend the propeller shaft ("prop" shaft). I don't think you can remove the shaft but if you can an easy way of straightening it is to place it on a hard, flat surface (i.e a sidewalk) and hit it with a hammer while you roll it. When it rolls smoothly, it's straight.

If you've never flown R/C before you may want to ask someone who has or approach a friendly parkflyer for help. At least to trim the plane out so that it's stable in flight.

-David-

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubya View Post
                      Quick search shows repacement motor is part # NE4902004. I think Jet should be able to help you with this.

What you did was bend the propeller shaft ("prop" shaft). I don't think you can remove the shaft but if you can an easy way of straightening it is to place it on a hard, flat surface (i.e a sidewalk) and hit it with a hammer while you roll it. When it rolls smoothly, it's straight.

If you've never flown R/C before you may want to ask someone who has or approach a friendly parkflyer for help. At least to trim the plane out so that it's stable in flight.

-David-
                      Hey there David , thanks for the advice . Will try the method stated above to see how it goes before getting it replace at jet. Thanks =) By the way I'm selling the guitar haha.

Comment

Forgot to add on , if the motor shaft moves to diffrent directions when i'm trying to fix it . Does it means it is completely broken ? Or the motor shaft is suppose to be this way or only station in the center position? Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                        X