Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death of a Dodger

Sadly I report the loss of my beloved Brooklyn Dodger to a mid-air collision at Old Holland yesterday.
    My fault, I turned into a foamy e-glider, against the "pattern", while both of us were powered off. I'm very happy that the other plane suffered no damage.
    Folded the wing on contact with him and majority of damage done on impact with ground. The wing had no ply in it, and I new never to do a loop or bank to hard. Just never planned on occupying someone elses airspace...

Poor Dodger, you will be missed.

Comment

You can get it repair,why not?sorry for the mid air.

Yiming
      [SIGPIC][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]DagoRed Rs131MPH[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The sound was bone wrecking.... And to watch it spiral down. Quite an evening of events..... Hope to see your other planes take flight. Least you have some done.

Comment

Alas... the impermanence of all things.

Nonetheless, I've been keeping up with your threads David and you seem like a skilled builder. You should be able to get another one up if you want to...

Comment

I think the most comforting thing you can think of, is that you built the model yourself. Your ability to build one means that you can always build another one when you really missed it that much.

For folks who only fly ARFs and if when they go out of production, they'll never get one again.

Comment

Thanks for the sympathy guys.
              You said it all Joe. I may not be happy about it but I don't get upset or angry when this kinda thing (inevitably) happens. It's a hobby, it's meant to be fun and relaxing. I refuse to waste energy being stressed by something I choose to do for enjoyment. Shrug it off and back to the building board.

I'm really torn on whether to try and repair her or not. It's doable for sure but it would be a long while. Running out of space for all my builds as it is...

That crunch sound is still with me

Comment

Hi Dee,

It is jus part of this game, the painful part.

But look on the bright side- the old one don't go, the new one can't come., same old line we used to comfort each other when we got dumped during our younger days.

Glad that u r cool about the whole episode.

TB

Comment

Anyway, your Dodger doesn't look as bad as what I had many years ago.

Comment

Pop goes the Dodger

It was, as Tsunami said, the most awful sound. Even for the few minutes we got to see it, you'd obviously put a lot of love into that one DeeDub, I think it deserves to be rebuilt
                    sigpic
                    ... Why does everything I think I need always come with batteries?
                    John Mayer

Comment

I say thee nay

He shoult build another one at THRICE THE SIZE.

This time, hopefully it'll shear any colliding planes in half
                      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Bring it to life.

Dude. I'm not one that will enjoy flying such a plane. But one who appreciates a self built plane.

If it can be resurrected, then u should. Old skool planes are such a joy to watch. An old skool kit plane flying is a massive joy!

Bring it back to life. Or at least build a new one. Hehe
                        In The Hangar
                        BH - SU26M - OS Powered
                        BH - Edge 540 V3 50cc
                        In The Dock
                        Carbonic Boats - Light Ice IOM - Wind Powered
                        In The Garage
                        JQ The Car Yellow Edition - Novarossi

FLY IT, SAIL IT AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Comment

Working...
                        X