Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the sympathy guys.
    I'm thinking Sunstorm may be right about the battery shifting. Sure acted like it...
    I'll get around to fixing it. May just glue pieces back, they fit like a jigsaw, and give her another go before trying to get her pretty again. That'll take a bit more work.

I carry my planes in one of those large, white, blue and red stripey fiber reinforced plastc bags. I see the street vendors use the same. Got it for ~5 bucks at a shop house, I don't remember where. Near Rotor-Hobby I think.
    Works great for planes with removable wings though must take care to avoid damaging tail group. Not so good with full plane though I manage Tiny-X OK. Even manage 1m span foamie Yak.
    Her's pic of 4 planes I took yesterday. 2m Spirit Elite, 1m DLG, 1.2m DL-50 DLG and the Tiny. Also have an Up-Start in bag. Carry my field equipment/radio in a back pack. Keep a small umbrella and a large plastic bag in there in case of rain.
    Sometimes I take taxi or I take 174 or 77 to Bukit Timah Rd and get off at Old Holland and walk up to field. I like the walk back down in the evening. Sometimes get to see the large, noisy flock of Long Tailed Parakeets roost in a tree. Kinda neat.

-David-

Comment

Kind of reminds me of how I got started.

I started this hobby in my Polytechnic days. I lived in Bedok but the site I flew was Yishun. I would carry a backpack with my transmitter, a small bottle of fuel, batteries and tools in it and hand carry my 25 size trainer. Sometime, I would bring a small 0.049 plane along.

I had to walk to Tanah Merah MRT station to catch a train to Khatib to meet my Sifu.

Later on,I flew at Tampines Ave 6 and I had a take a bus to the Tampines interchange and walk from there.

Comment

Haha... That was so many yrs ago when tamp ave 6 have full of nitro flying. but now ppl flying kite every where haizz...

Comment

Working...
        X