Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally correct and still being used today by the RAF as tankers. I will show my age and say when I first came to Singapore Paya Lebar was the airfield used (hope I have that right), there used to be a RAF club by the side of the runway where it has a hump VC10's got airbourne before the hump and B707's disappeared over the hump. As I am sure you will know it was designed for the (dare I say this) Empire routes so hot and high were major design criteria, so compared to most civil airliners rather overpowered. VC10's could achieve a higer vertical rate viz horizontal rate as you have stated, great experience to fly though. Five could sit in comfort in the big cockpit and yes the engineer had his own set of throttles.. way out.

Comment

Wow... Even the engineer has his own set of throttles?? Unbelievable!!!

Since you are pretty much the airliner expert builder here... ever thought of building one of the old clippers? Think BOAC flew them too, and they landed at the then Kallang Airport. (Haha... we are getting further back in Singapore's aviation history.)

Think that would be a wonderful project... a flying boat!

Comment

Not sure about flying boats, the only one that looked great to me was the Saunders Roe Princess, far too late for its time. You will find below two pictures of the VC10 cockpit, if you look at the engineers panel picture to the very left of his work top you will see the trust levers and also the guard to protect same if the Co. pilot jumped out of his seat in hurry.....

Comment

Thanks for the cockpit photos. Interesting about having a 'private' set of throttle controls for the engineer.

Comment

with your concorde. do you use 2 esc? and 2 drive batteries? I am new to this . so forgive my stupid questions. I will be building the tomcat from parkjet. but that is only one engine. yours has 2
            LLoyd

Comment

Hi, yes I do use two ESC's one for each motor which is the normal way of doing things. Somewhere I have read an article which advised that it is possible to use one ESC I will try to find it for you.

Comment

Firstly congratulation, excellent project . Welldone, cant wait to see it fly. Just wondering, did you consider the Singapore Airline livery on the Concord, during late 70s G-BOAD was actually painted SQ color on the left and BA on the right. It looked really good. Airliners.net has some good Pictures of it. Cheers

Comment

Did This Concorde Ever Took Off?

Anybody know if this concorde ever flew?

Anybody knows the CG for the build for the plans provided?

Comment

haha i build one half of this half way n give up lol..

Comment

Originally posted by GLENDON View Post
                      haha i build one half of this half way n give up lol..
                      how come? what is the obstacle u faced?

Comment

hello everybody!
                        currently I'm building the Concorde from Steven Wong's plans!
                        you can follow my progress on this forum (in Greek):

As I see reading the topic the cg on the plans is wrong
                        I have read the entire topic but didn't managed to understand what the correct cg will be...
                        Has anyone else built this model? Is it possible to tell me the correct cg??

thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi kakofonixx,

Place the c.g. 1-1/2 inches forward from the drawings. And thanks for building my plans. Keep us updated.

Steven Wong

Comment

wow, you're still around.

Your last post was in 09 and when I started, I was checking out your plans on parkjets.com
                            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                              wow, you're still around.

Your last post was in 09 and when I started, I was checking out your plans on parkjets.com
                              Oh man you're still around...lurking around in the background I see. Are you still flying Steven? Is Dennis still flying?

Comment

WOW! that was a fast response!!
                                glad to see that the designer is still around!

thank you for your answer and I will try to keep this topic alive!

Comment

Working...
                                X