Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help wit funjet setup

I just got a funjet with a turnigy 2700 kv motor, 40 amp ecs, and im using a 3s 11.1 v 2200mAh battery with an APC 5*5E prop, however the a/c seems to hav insufficient thrust on launch and more or less stalls out or mushes into the ground on launch.

i hav now bought a topbrand 3500kv outrunner(as it was cheap) and i hav 2 options of using either a 5*5 prop or a new 6*4 prop however i dont hav a wattmeter to check the amp usage and im scared of burning out my ecs / battery . pls help and advice... thanx

funjet

Bro.. for 2700kv u should used 6x4 prop..
    Dx6i
    clouds fly
    funjet
    Hyperion SU31 25e
    supersonic
    draken

Dx3r
    Dx3s
    hyper 7
    hyper st
    Hyper 8

Comment

k thanx wil give that a try first!!!!

Comment

HI Bro

Originally posted by aerorobby View Post
        I just got a funjet with a turnigy 2700 kv motor, 40 amp ecs, and im using a 3s 11.1 v 2200mAh battery with an APC 5*5E prop, however the a/c seems to hav insufficient thrust on launch and more or less stalls out or mushes into the ground on launch.

i hav now bought a topbrand 3500kv outrunner(as it was cheap) and i hav 2 options of using either a 5*5 prop or a new 6*4 prop however i dont hav a wattmeter to check the amp usage and im scared of burning out my ecs / battery . pls help and advice... thanx
        Bro,where you stay/
        Feel free come down to PFW n ther r some guys flying funjet can help you to solve your problem.
        My setting for ultra funjet
        Motor-Het 3w25 1700kv
        batt-2200mAh @30c series(6s)
        prop-6x4
        M draw- 56.123amp
        speed- fast

Comment

Hey aerorobby,

if you are using the hxt 2835 (380S) 2700kv brushless inrunner from HC, then 5x5 will not produce enough thrust. I have my first funjet setup was using this motor too, but have changed to APC 6x4 pusher prop. Draws abt 29 amps(max). Not a fast setup setup though......but good enough for me as a first timer on these kind of plane

Comment

hey f22, im new to singapore and wud love to join u guys. Im staying at bedok reservoir and for me tampines is the closest. im not familiar wit PFW (location).

thanx for the advice CJEN will try this setup over the weekend , i hav a strong feeling that the prop i used was incorrect. thanx for all the help, will revert back soon!!!!

Comment

hey f22, im new to singapore and wud love to join u guys. Im staying at bedok reservoir and for me tampines is the closest. im not familiar wit PFW (location).

thanx for the advice CJEN will try this setup over the weekend , i hav a strong feeling that the prop i used was incorrect. thanx for all the help, will revert back soon!!!!
              Hi aerorobby,

Me a tampines flyer too... mostly i be there on weekend evening...hope to see u there n will help you in ur funjet set up..
              Dx6i
              clouds fly
              funjet
              Hyperion SU31 25e
              supersonic
              draken

Dx3r
              Dx3s
              hyper 7
              hyper st
              Hyper 8

Comment

5 x 5 should not produce that much thrust compared to 6 x 4 but it should still be quite decent. Have you gotten the prop on backward? The side with the numbers embossed on it should face the front. Common mistake.
                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

lol... sunstorm.... dont worry its giving thrust backwards... just not enough

Comment

He is not talking about the rotational and the thrust directions. It is the orientation of the prop. See carefully, there's a convex side and a concave side on each prop blade. The convex side should face the front with respect to the flight direction.

Comment

hi joe , i got wat he means..... it needs to be a pusher!!! all that is taken care off

Comment

Well, 5 x 5 is a square prop which only gives more thrust when it is moving at speed.
                        Good luck with the 6 x 4 then

Be careful with full throttle = )
                        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

thanx for the advice sunstorm....

Comment

hi joe , i got wat he means..... it needs to be a pusher!!! all that is taken care off
                            even with the prop put facing wrongly and with the correct direction, the prop will also give a 'pusher' effect.
                            Just that it is not right, the power will not be there.

i had the same mistake earlier with the funjet, flyable but no power.
                            until i flip the prop (someone corrected me) and of course need to change the prop rotating direction (by swapping 2 of the ESC cable to the motor).. then i experience the real thrust of the pusher..

btw, i am only using a 5.5x4.5p on a 2700kV inrunner and its power !
                            i choose a 'p' prop because i want the typical way that the spinner is screw against the rotation of the prop :p so that it works tight again the rotation.

take a picture to show, we will understand if the prop facing is correct or not.. ;)

and here is mine.. hope the picture is visible to show the right facing..
                            see the numbers on the prop facing the front?

Comment

thanx alot rt9 that actually made the picture even more clear. just one other question :
                              when i put a 'p' prop the thrust was totally in the wrong direction so can u plz advice me as to which 2 wires from the esc did u interchange as i dont want to make any wrong connections. thanx

Comment

Working...
                              X