Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing for GWS slowstick

Hi i intend to scrap away the stock wing and replace it with a non-dihedral wing so that i can add ailerons to it. So just wondering if anyone have any ideas how i can go about doing it and what dimensions should i adopt? I have 2 depron foam measured 60 X90, bought from artfriend. All suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Why replace? You can mod it,

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Crashed my SS just now. Wingtip has broke off and my elevator is damaged. My plane is still tail heavy even though i have already added weights to the front. Should i shorten the metal stick then controls the elevator and rudder so that i can shift the wings backward?

Comment

Originally posted by shoyn View Post
        Thanks for the link. Crashed my SS just now. Wingtip has broke off and my elevator is damaged. My plane is still tail heavy even though i have already added weights to the front. Should i shorten the metal stick then controls the elevator and rudder so that i can shift the wings backward?
        You can cut but wld make harder to control when fly. I think you should not cut the rod.. try placing new depron wing that you want to make wld balance it up... & a bit adjustment of the battery to CG.

Comment

Ok. Thank for the reply. How should I make the wings? Btw what I meant was t shift the servos back and to also shorten the control rod.

Comment

Slowstick was my first plane too.

My advice is do not mod anything until you can fly the stock wing.
            Because the stock wing is very low wing loading and can fly slow.
            If you change to aileron wing it will be much faster and hard to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by shoyn View Post
              My plane is still tail heavy even though i have already added weights to the front.
              Something is really wrong.
              Post some pictures.

Comment

Just wondering.

Was it windy when you fly your SS? May want to try flying when the wind condition is not too strong. I read somewhere about SS having a great dislike to strong winds.

And if you want to make your own wings, maybe you want to consider those with KFM2 airfoil. Not that difficult to do.

For your consideration.

Comment

Great to know on KMF2 wing. Dint realise i'm making a KMF2 wing on my high winger building log thread, already finished will post pics there soon ready to maiden this weekends ... i'm wanting to know more on wing building.. Also owned my first rc plane, SS after my build.

Comment

How do I make kmf2 airfoil? It was a windless day when I flew it and I am using a brishless setup. I kinda have experience flying so I think I will be able to handle the speed and agility of a aileron SS. Will try to post a pic of it later.

Comment

Working...
                    X