Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise on motor used

Hi,

Any good suggestion on motor (Brushless) to be used on a spitfire with 3Kg~3.2Kg flying weight? This bird with WS at 54.9" and Length at 48".

Thanks in advance.

Rgds
    David Ting

feels like you're converting a 2m x 2m WWII warbird that was driven by a 4 stroke 3 cylinder engine

(competition planes usually weigh up to 5kg)
    The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
      feels like you're converting a 2m x 2m WWII warbird that was driven by a 4 stroke 3 cylinder engine

(competition planes usually weigh up to 5kg)
      hmmmm.. according to the spec., the weight given is 2.34Kg, I weighted it, in fact, it is lesser. I then added others (ESC, motor mount, batt. and servo motors) and I assume motor weight should be around 300~350gm type, the weight is go close to 2.9Kg, hence, I believe to use 3~3.3Kg is quite safe enough.

By the way, the plane is 1.45m x 1.22m instead of 2m x 2m.

Hope this help.

Comment

Well.. i wouldn't restrict you to any brand of BL motors because model kits do not come with motors for the same reason.

If you have any brand in mind or are comfortable to use, do choose one that is rated for such a weight and make sure you have the proper power train for the job.

Manufacturers would have included a printed spreadsheet detailing all their motors and specs for various applications. Choose one and work from there
        The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dting26 View Post
          hmmmm.. according to the spec., the weight given is 2.34Kg, I weighted it, in fact, it is lesser. I then added others (ESC, motor mount, batt. and servo motors) and I assume motor weight should be around 300~350gm type, the weight is go close to 2.9Kg, hence, I believe to use 3~3.3Kg is quite safe enough.

By the way, the plane is 1.45m x 1.22m instead of 2m x 2m.

Hope this help.

Bro try this from AXI. You can key in some requirements to drill down a suitable motor, after that, you can pretty much compare any other brand (equivalent) and see if they are up to the job etc like KV, weight, max prop size...

Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
            Bro try this from AXI. You can key in some requirements to drill down a suitable motor, after that, you can pretty much compare any other brand (equivalent) and see if they are up to the job etc like KV, weight, max prop size...

http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?...ce=&hmotnost=g
            thank you, Edmund.

Comment

Working...
            X