Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Connection Tsunami build pics (2003)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Connection Tsunami build pics (2003)

Thought I'd just share up photos from my previous kits (this was the 2nd kit build, but 3rd attempt at covering). Build started in Singapore, moved to Brunei, maiden in East Malaysia and since parked in KL. It'll be in Singapore soon....

Here are the early days in Singapore.

Forgot to mention, Direct Connection has since closed down but they've been bought over by Juno R/C and the kit is still available!
    http://www.junorc.com/kits.html

And this was the start in Brunei. All we had was space!

Comment

Finally pieced together and started taking shape:

Comment

Wing bolt mounting check, engine compartment and under fixed gear setting:

Comment

Final fitting and sanding before the start of covering:

Comment

Moving to the fuselage patterns:

Comment

Finally picking the right blue:

Comment

Then just on to the final fitting before the engine tune-up... or rather tune-pipe engine tuning.

The maiden was great other than the fact I couldn't get used to having to land straight on a paved road with lamp posts in Miri. And as with paved roads, landing speed would be essential to stopping without having to worry about turning to slow down too fast.

Didn't make the subsequent flights as I found the throttle clevis corroded and had to drive 45 minutes to get it replaced. And after that, it was back to traveling again.

Comment

Hope to see more builders out there.... still can't understand the thrill of an ARF other than the speed it takes to move from box to maiden. Come on.... I know there are a lot of kits out there.

Comment

I like your space.

Me also like to build, only can do small project now foam only. Maybe another few years, I can join you in building balsa kits.
                    Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X