Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Hitec USB Simulator Interface Cable?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Hitec USB Simulator Interface Cable?

Hi guys,

I am new to RC flying. I recently got an RC kite but I realise that flying it might not be as easy as I thought. The control are not really intuitive to me.

Came across this thread during my search

Can anyone tell me where/which shop I can get a similar USB simulator interface cable that is suitable for a HITEC transmitter? Would like to clock some simulation time before I attempt my first flight.

Also is the simulator FMS realistic? I just want to clock some simulator flight time to get use to the control and start flying quickly.

Also can anyone advise me what I should do before embarking on my first maiden flight? What type of practise should I do? Basic Turning and Landing practise on the simulator in preparation for the first maiden flight?

Would really appreciate any assistance given.
    HoneyBee FP V 3 x1

Hi lee_camb,

I've sent you a PM (private message) with some info.

FMS has a simple graphics apperance which may not look very 'photo-realistic', but it's good enough for honing your control skills and coordination. Besides, it's free! I learnt on it.

as for maidening, if you're new to RC flying, the best advise is to visit a nearby field used by other experienced flyers, and approach them for assistance. Most RC flyers will be happy to assist you. Simulator training is good for polishing your own flying skills (keeping the plane in the air and under control), but the other aspects of model flying, such as pre-flight inspections, SAFETY, and other field etiquette is best learnt under tutilage from an experienced instructor.

I consider myself to still be a rookie flyer, so hopefully other experienced flyers will add on to this, and maybe take you under their wing. You may want to mention here around which part of Singapore you are at, for this reason.

Welcome to this sport :>
    ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

hmmm

give us a twinkle if u r in jur area. we r always there on sun

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
      sigpic

Comment

Search under Ebay for Reflex USB simulator cable.

Comment

Thank for the reply

Hi Guys,

Thank for the info. Really appreciate the assistance. Manage to get the cable.

I have a question with regard to the FMS setting. There seem to be more setting than required. I am using mode 1(throttle on the right), so how shld i set the simulator up?

For the plane, we only need to set the channel accordingly for the rudder, elevator,ailerion and throttle, right? What do we do with the ?

Rudder
          Elevator
          Ailerion
          THrottle
          Tail
          Nick
          Roll
          Pitch

Hi romihensem,

Where and when do you guys fly in jurong? I might drop by and say hi?

Best regards

lee_camb
          HoneyBee FP V 3 x1

Comment

FMS Controls mapping

Hi lee_camb,

Wonder which cable you got. If it's the one I told you about, that one passes the basic 4 stick channels only, even if you have a Tx with more than 4 channels. But it's enough to get started with.

As for your question about the 'extra' settings, let's view the control mappings dialog in the attachment.

To my understanding, for planes, only the first four, "Rudder", Elevator", "Aileron" and "throttle" apply. The remaining four are used for controlling Helis.

When I map a Tx to FMS the first time, I will move the sticks and view the blue bars in the 'Channel' area on the right to ensure they respond to stick movement. Usually I will proceed to calibrate the channels next. After completing the calibration, I check that the sticks functions are correctly mapped to the corresponding FMS channels. Meaning, for example, I will move the throttle stick (your right stick up/down), and see which blue channel bar is responding. So if the throttle stick causes the Channel-3 blue bar to move, in the 'Mapping' area, I select '3' as the channel for the Throttle. Do the same for the remaining channels. As can be seen in the attachment, my channel mappings are no longer in running order as a result.

You will also notice in the 'Mapping' that both the Elevator and Throttle mappings have their "Inv" (Invert) checkboxes ticked. This is to reverse the response of FMS to my Elevator and Throttle stick movements. If like me, your FMS 'model' engine cuts off when you move your throttle stick forward/up, then you should select the "Inv" for your throttle channel. If applying right-aileron causes you FMS 'model plane' to roll to the left, you'll need to invert your Aileron channel as well. Alternatively you could 'reverse' these channels on your Tx instead.

The "Exp" (Exponential) option in the 'Mapping' will turn on a non-linear response to your control-stick movement. I haven't tried this, and would rather apply exponential from my Tx instead.

So yes, just set up the first four functions for planes.

Hopefully someone else can shed light on the last four, as I'm no heli expert :>

OK, hope this is helpful to you. Happy training!

... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

Working...
            X