Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix Models Topstar 60

Hi bros just got this plane recently out of the box...no experience whatsoever in building balsa wood models except the time i was in syfc which was a way back..anyways, does anyone fly this model or knows anything about it and willing to share a thing or two about this plane?

Lol..May i ask what kind of electronics do u guys recommend me using it, which reliable size engine model for 60 size 2 stroke, any extra things to take note of when building or flying this plane? any tips?

heres the data from the kit:

SPECIFICATION
    Wingspan : 1542mm (60.6 inches)
    Length : 1485mm (58.4 inches)
    Weight : 2670gr
    Engine : 60 two stroke
    Radio : 4 channels
    Servo : 6 standard

what are the list of items that i need to get, to make this plane enjoyable to fly? i need some tips from the experience rc aircraft nitro pliots here

Thanks in advance!
    ------------------------
    For sale:

unfortunately i cant post the attachment of the manual, so sorry..if i could probably email it to you if theres a need to have a look!
    ------------------------
    For sale:

Comment

get a 90 two stroke or a 120 four stroke and u will enjow the plane..

Rudder shiuld be high torque MGs
      the rest is probably a 6 -9kg servos..
      its probab;y also cheaper to sun a petrol engine on it like an MLD28zz power
      In The Hangar
      BH - SU26M - OS Powered
      BH - Edge 540 V3 50cc
      In The Dock
      Carbonic Boats - Light Ice IOM - Wind Powered
      In The Garage
      JQ The Car Yellow Edition - Novarossi

FLY IT, SAIL IT AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Comment

Build it light. You will want a 0.75 or larger 2 stroke in there for 3d.

Unlike most of the vietnam arf, this one is designed and built light, which means fragile...but it is built to fly.

It is a fun-fly plane so it is relatively stable. Shifting the c.g. slightly rearward helps a lot. It is not design for full throttle dive...

Try to land it softly.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, thanks for the advice guys! May i know where is the best place to purchase the MLD28zz power engine? o.O this is a fragile plane huh? which means one crash probably would burn my pocket ouchhh
          hey baby_zyklon and nudge, appreciated the advice, but maybe specifically can advice on me on where can i get the right electronics and engine for this plane?

probably looking for the most affordable and reliable ones..
          ------------------------
          For sale:

Comment

Bro, built it light.....the recommended .60 size 2-stroke engine has enough power to fly the plane. Any standard size servos should be fine. Just remember to coat the engine mount area with thin CA or thin layer of epoxy.
            Have fun flying

Flying Without Wings

Comment

alright noted =) will 5 mins epoxy do the trick?
              ------------------------
              For sale:

Comment

Hi, the 5 min epoxy should be fine.
                Happy flying

Flying Without Wings

Comment

Working...
                X