Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jae Bee II Build

Thought to contribute to the forum of "Scratch Build" HLG's:

This is my first attempt at scratch building and found the posts by Joe Yap to be of great help. Thanks Joe!

The fuselage, dimensioning and tail boom are original design. The wing is a modified Mint wing, with an embedded CF rod for support/stiffness helping extend the wing to about 1 meter.

The tail feathers are public domain plans, intended for the Bug. Which, I wanted to build, but never could get the Bug plans to download. Did enjoy seeing all the Bugs which were built by Mr. Yap! And, learned quite a bit on how to do it right the first time around.

It has Rudder and Elevator at present. May build a different wing with Aileron controls. Have to do a few test flights with it "as is" first!

It was tremendous fun to build, do the maiden flight, and modify. Not much steady wind today, but OK for tuning, balancing, and such.

Wingspan: 100 cm
    Length: 69 cm
    Weight: 137 gr
    Longest Flight Time: not very long

Would enjoy posting some pix, have not figured how to do on this site. maybe will try on the gallery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy Flying!

Rekoj

Jae Bee II Pix

Was able to post one pic to the gallery under "Jae Bee II"
    Take a look and let me know what you think!!!

Comment

hey Bro, why dun you try attaching it here in this thread? When replying, scroll below, there is a function called "manage attachment".
      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Great! Thanks for the tip! Have done, enjoy...:-)

Comment

Nice... where you gonna fly it?

Cheers,
          Adnan
          Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
          Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rekoj View Post
            Great! Thanks for the tip! Have done, enjoy...:-)
            Wow! I like it!
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Thanks guys! Do appreciate it and any suggestions are welcome.

Will do the next set of tests on a small slope by CG MRT. Should be no problem, but have to be careful as always.

If its still in one piece, Bedok Res. With luck maybe a bit of wind. At less than 150 gr it doesn't take much...

Or, if you folks know of a good quiet test spot, let me know...

Thanks again! I'm going to start a second one with some minor mods on the wing and body.

Comment

More pics...

Comment

Hi Rekoj

At that weight maybe you can even try some javelin tosses and work some low level thermals.

Maybe it's time for another DLG/HLG FF? Maybe after the weather stabilises.

Cheers,
                  Adnan
                  ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

What's a Javelin Toss?

Comment

As the name suggests, you toss the plane in the air like you would a javelin.

Basically it's just a really strong overhand throw.

Cheers,
                      Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Thought maybe something like an Addle laddle was used...

Comment

Working...
                        X